+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modem Firmware

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just thought about something why is it that we cant downgrade the modem firmware? i wanted to buy a 32g 3gs until the iphone 4 becomes unlockable but everyone
    Thanks

Default Modem Firmware
    I just thought about something why is it that we cant downgrade the modem firmware? i wanted to buy a 32g 3gs until the iphone 4 becomes unlockable but everyone got the new firmware in which you cant unlock

Green Apple
    Thanks

unlock is possible. Just cant jailbreak it if it has the new bootloader and already running IOS4 without a backup of your SHSH Blobs. You have to jailbreak to to run Ultrasn0w to unlock the carrier.

Thanks

The question was about downgrading the firmware i know they had bootneuter or something but it was only for certain firmwares

Green Apple
    Thanks

The answer was that the modem firmware that is new is unlockable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Actually, the answer would be either the devs haven't figured out how to make the phone accept an older baseband, or it's just not possible.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lololol. It is amazing! I guess if we wanted to be cut and dry and let the original poster be clueless we could say that as the only answer! He also stated this "i wanted to buy a 32g 3gs until the iphone 4 becomes unlockable but everyone got the new firmware in which you cant unlock". Did you happen to put his question together with that last sentence and realize he thinks the baseband is not hackable? Then did you look at my answer after that were I replied that I is the actual IOS4 firmware that isn't jailbroken yet not the baseband? Good luck

***also if it mattered, why would you even want to downgrade the modem firmware if it isn't jailbroken? If I was misunderstanding the original post please answer that one?
    Last edited by antman1; 07-26-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks

LOL the reason i asked the question was because you know how people have the new firmware on 3gs and they cant jailbreak or unlock i was wondering why couldnt you downgrade the firmware thats all...like how people could downgrade 5.11.07 back to 4.26.08 why couldnt they do it for people thats waiting for the jailbreak on the 3gs