Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Is Out Now

Default 1.1.1 is out
    If you're worried, don't upgrade!

152.3Mb in size for the update (1.1.1)

For comparison, the 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 restores were both 91.2Mb in size.

My modded (but not unlocked) phone couldn't be updated (no surprise). Phone successfully restored, up and running with 1.1.1.

New 'Connect to iTunes' screen! Looks like a dock cable on the bottom, a small arrow above this, with an iTunes icon at the top. No more yellow triangle.

Attempting to run AppTapp Installer. It claims 2-3 minutes, it's now been 5. AppTapp has a list of firmwares that it knows about, I selected 1.0.2, but apparently that's not going to cut it.

For now, if you need your mods, stay with 1.0.2. I'm sure the developers out there will have updates shortly for the new firmware.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 09-27-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Someone hurry up and post their results!

If anything, I would restore first, then update. Hopefully jailbreak will still work..
    Last edited by EmoRebellion; 09-27-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 1.1.1 Is Out Now
    Don't think this has been posted yet. If it has, mods please kill. At EIP, threads are reporting no probs (so far) with 3rd party apps. It's 150mb download approx.

phone gets a error during the update, you have to restore.... so you lose all your stuff... thats all i got so far.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

whats with the extra 60 megabytes?

does anyone know what changed?
    I am the MacBook Pro

They replaced the entire firmware, which is about 150 megs.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Wtf My Itunes Says That 1.0.2 Is Current Version Wtf...wheres My Update,,,RUNNING ITUNES7.3.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

your like the 3rd one
    I am the MacBook Pro

I finally had to force quit AppTapp, the phone was stuck in recovery mode, I had to restore it again to get it back.

Thanks

i updated and it didnt ask me to restore my phone after update all apps were gone...but no problems while updating.....new calc icon.....new sms message sounds section...

Actually he posted at the same time as the first one (11:15), but good job on being a ****. ;-)

Ugh! Once you are on 1.1.1, you can NOT restore 1.0.2. At least, not with iTunes. Apparently enough of the firmware was overwritten that prior versions are no longer able to be restored.

You would most likely have to go back to 1.0.0, and upgrade to 1.0.2 from there.

I didn't have a 1.0.0 restore, but 1.0.1 didn't work either.

Mine say incorrect sim and it will not let me activate again.

Thanks

I relocked using the online technique, any word if its safe to update?

How much does someone want to bet they replaced the firmware with the iTouch firmware. I have a feeling it will be awhile before any jailbreaking will be working.

-David

Default Update to 1.1.1 from Unlocked phone Does not brick! Confirmed!
    Hey guys, I just applied the update to my unlocked iphone which was unlocked with anysim. The update failed at first, leaving my iphone in recovery mode. Itunes made me restore, That also failed, due to incorrect sim. I replaced my sim with a non activated at&t sim, and the update worked fine. My phone is now re-locked for att, however it is not bricked. Also I beleive all our 3rd party apps are still on the flash memory. Just removed from the spring board. I'll mess around with a few file managers and unlockers to see if I can't re unlock my phone with what is allready avaible...I'll also try to find my 3rd party apps and let you know for sure that they are still there.

If you did not unlock, and are using an AT&T sim card that was not activated through itunes, it will do the exact same thing as an unlocked phone. It will fail, then go into recovery mode, then update. Then it is relocked again. no big deal! This is good news!

Default Definetly Confirmed Updating To 1.1.1 Will Cause Serious Issues
    Well it is definetly confirmed that updating the iphone to 1.1.1 software will make your iphone unusable. I updated my unlocked Iphone and i am getting an error. The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be a supported AT&T SIM card. Oh well. Looks like i'm off to the AT&T store to see what they can do for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1-custom-.png  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast