+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't change wallpaper and background, please help!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently got an iPhone 3gs (3.1.3), had it unlocked so it's jailbroken, winterboard is also installed. I played around with themes and wallpapers until I was happy with both
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't change wallpaper and background, please help!!
    I recently got an iPhone 3gs (3.1.3), had it unlocked so it's jailbroken, winterboard is also installed.

I played around with themes and wallpapers until I was happy with both the icon theme and my own wallpaper, I then tried to figure out how to have a different ls background to the wallpaper, Mobile Finder wouldn't work on this iPhone so I downloaded iFile, but followed the same instructions as you would on Finder to change the ls background.
    I got up to renaming the chosen file, which then had to be copied into 'library', which didn't work, and now all I've got are the theme's icons and black wallpaper/ls background.

Can't change wallpaper or lock background to anything else, and I have set user wallpaper and background in winterboard.

Haven't got a clue what to do now! Tried resetting settings too if someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Are you sure you have background enabled on your phone? You can check it by SSHing into your phone and checking the following.

Go to file N82AP.plist (which resides in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/)

Then check the text string:
    <key>homescreen-wallpaper</key>
    <true/>

Make sure its set to <true/> if its set to <false/> change it to <true/> then reboot your phone.
    Last edited by Roush00; 07-23-2010 at 08:44 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, thanks for your reply

I don't understand what you mean by sshing, I really haven't got a clue about anything, seriously.
    But

I went back into ifile and deleted the background files I created and then went back onto winterboard and made sure user wallpaper&background was on, wallpaper and background works now so I did something wrong in ifile.

The only issue I've got now is that I can't figure out how to have a seperate lock screen background to the main wallpaper, so back to square one really. I do apologise for being a bit of a thicko!!

Thanks

If you have background/Wallpaper enabled you should be able to go to Settings/Wallpaper/ then pick your backgrounds you want for the lock screen and your background.

This is how I do it, if I find a background/wallpaper I like I save it to my computer throw it into my pictures sync folder. Sync my phone, then set my wallpaper/background to the new synced pictures.

As for SSH read this ---> How to SSH into your iPhone

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

In winterboard you can you can move theme options up and down in the list, some need to be above others to work. Just hold down on the what one you want and slide it up.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Captinsmooth, thanks for your reply.
    I have user wallpaper and user background set before the theme, wallpaper is set, I just want figure out how to have a different background for the lock screen background instead of the same wallpaper for home screen etc.
    So far I think I've done everything correctly on
    winterboard.
    I know it's something do with ifile and renaming files, I tried that but it went wrong lol.

Thanks

To set a lockscreen background go to your photos, choose a photo, hit the forwarding icon(the curved arrow at the very bottom left), the choose set as wallpaper. That will set it as the lockscreen wallpaper

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've done that jkmonkey, but it just sets as main wallpaper too, whereas I want two different ones. I know it's possible, but I haven't got a clue. Thanks anyway