+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about how syncing works...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
If I have iTunes set up to sync my Outlook contacts, and I do not have the Contacts checkbox selected under "Replace information on this iPhone", what will happen in
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Question about how syncing works...
    If I have iTunes set up to sync my Outlook contacts, and I do not have the Contacts checkbox selected under "Replace information on this iPhone", what will happen in the following situations when I sync?

1. On my iPhone I have changed an email address for one of my contacts. The old email address still exists within Outlook on my computer. What happens when I sync? Will Outlook be updated with the newly-changed email address?

I guess I'm trying to understand what happens when I add/delete/change information on the iPhone, or within Outlook, and then sync. How does it determine what data to add/delete/change, and on which side (iPhone vs Outlook)?

Thanks

If you change the contact info on your phone the info in outlook will be updated. If you change the info in outlook it will not update the info on your phone unless you check replace info on this phone