Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Video for iPhone 3G

Arrow Video for iPhone 3G
    Is there any good video apps out there that work with iOS4 for the 3g? I did a search but was unable to find anything that would work iOS4. I tried iMovie but couldn't get it to run on my little 3g.

As always thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Well iMovie is only for iPhone 4. If you are looking for a video recorder for the 3G, there are plenty on the App store for $.99 or if you have yours jailbroken, use cyrecorder, its free.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mmurphmsu For This Useful Post:

Alessio95 (07-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    Well iMovie is only for iPhone 4. If you are looking for a video recorder for the 3G, there are plenty on the App store for $.99 or if you have yours jailbroken, use cyrecorder, its free.

iMovie works great on my wife's 3Gs..So no its not ONLY the iPhone4 that can use the iMovie app.

The App Store.. Been there and looked threw them, if you read the comments/requirments they don't work with iOS4. At lest I can't find one that has been updated yet.

Cyrecorder does not work on iOS4.

I can't believe someone thanked you for your comment to my post..

Thank you anyway

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roush00 View Post
    iMovie works great on my wife's 3Gs..So no its not ONLY the iPhone4 that can use the iMovie app.

The App Store.. Been there and looked threw them, if you read the comments/requirments they don't work with iOS4. At lest I can't find one that has been updated yet.

Cyrecorder does not work on iOS4.

I can't believe someone thanked you for your comment to my post..

Thank you anyway

Well if you look at the FAQ on apple's website it says that iMovie doesn't work with 3Gs. You must have ported it or found a port. I was only offering advice which you clearly need. So instead of being an *** about stuff don't ask for advice if you don't want it. I was only trying to help. I suggest you grow up a little.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Thank you for your help good sir. However you must not of read my post completely. I was looking for a video apps that compatible with iOS4. As you can see I don't have a high post count because I like to find the answers that I need, I like to come to MMI to learn more about the iPhones and modding, however sometimes you just need help finding what your looking for. It just angers me when people offer advise when they don't completely understand the question. Perhaps I should have worded my OP differently to get the response I was looking for. But on a side noted I did find what I was looking for.

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but iMovie doesn't record video it just edits video.

Ivideocamera enables video recording on a 3G and it works on ios 4.x. 99 cents.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

Roush00 (07-23-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but iMovie doesn't record video it just edits video.

Ivideocamera enables video recording on a 3G and it works on ios 4.x. 99 cents.
    Yeah I think your right it only edits movies/pictures. My wife has a 3Gs so it already records video.

I tried iVideocamera it would open then crash? I then tried Qik Pro for all iPhones and it works like a charm. it's $2.99 in the app store.

Thanks

Hmmm odd that ivideorecorder didn't work. My wife uses it on her 3G on 4.0. Anyway at least you found one that works for you