+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Downgrading

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
OK, correct me if I'm wrong but, if we have our 4.0 SHSH blobs saved to Cydia we "should" be able to downgrade from 4.0.1 back to 4.0 if we
    iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Downgrading
    OK, correct me if I'm wrong but, if we have our 4.0 SHSH blobs saved to Cydia we "should" be able to downgrade from 4.0.1 back to 4.0 if we point iTunes towards Cydia correct, in theory?

Ever since this B/S "bigger bars" upgrade, i have NO service where I used to have 5, that is a bit dramatic if you ask me...

Just wanted to see, it seemed I had much better signal/performance on 4.0...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yes if you have your SHSH files backed up, you can downgrade to it. I think you have to change the permissions or something to make the restore work, I forgot :P but yes it should work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

PSYC0TIC ONE (07-21-2010)

Thanks

You don't need to do much, use firmware umbrella and start TSS server, restore, turn off TSS and kick out of recovery. I did it yesterday lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to metaljay For This Useful Post:

PSYC0TIC ONE (07-21-2010)

Thanks

Yep, umbrella is the ****, didn't need to do anything with the hosts file... Open umbrella, restored to 4.0... Loaded firmware, kicked out of recovery... I got an error from iTunes (1004) but, everything worked just fine

Thanks

No matter which fw your on the signal strength will be the same. That was the whole point of 4.0.1. Ios 4.0 was misrepresenting the number of bars you had (by A LOT). 4.0.1 gives a more accurate reading, so the lower bars your getting now means that's what your actual signal strength is. 4.0.1 doesn't improve signal quality it just displays it more accurately.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    No matter which fw your on the signal strength will be the same. That was the whole point of 4.0.1. Ios 4.0 was misrepresenting the number of bars you had (by A LOT). 4.0.1 gives a more accurate reading, so the lower bars your getting now means that's what your actual signal strength is. 4.0.1 doesn't improve signal quality it just displays it more accurately.
    Yeah, I know that was the sole purpose of it but, in my office where I've worked for 2.5 years and have always had service with any AT&T phone I've ever had, even if it said I had service on the phone, I couldn't connect to any Internet based app, wouldn't receive emails etc after 4.0.1... Even in my house, again where I've had perfect service I started having connection issues, went back to 4.0 and everything is fine again... In my case, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", lol

Thanks

Lol. Well then in your case yeah if it ain't broke don't fix it. From your original post I thought you meant you were seeing less bars. But if you had bars and still no service then something else was going on, so yeah a restore or downgrade would've been in order.