Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: URGENT!! is it possible to trace wat sim is used before in iphone 3gs??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default URGENT!! is it possible to trace wat sim is used before in iphone 3gs??
    hi all.
    i was set up by someone who used my iphone with other sim to text some threaten message to somebody which i dun noe.. now is oledi involve in police case. wat i wan to confirm is when my iphone used by other sim card wid date n time and how many times is used. My service provider could not give me the info so i think i can only ask help from here to prove that im innocent..
    thank u in advance if anyone can help me...

danny

Can anyone help pls.. Is there any application can check my phone history??
    Last edited by danny527; 07-21-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I've never heard of anything that can do that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

danny527 (07-23-2010)

If the suspected SIM is removed from the iPhone after sending the messages how can they trace them back to your phone? Some operators record the EMEI of the phone and they have the history of each SIM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aneagle For This Useful Post:

danny527 (07-23-2010)

Thanks

If someone used a different sim in your phone then the messages would have come from the phone number associated with that sim, not your number.

Yes, your phone will be on the record for sending the text, but their IMSI and MSISDN (phone number) will be attached to the text, so if you didn't do it you shouldn't worry about it. But, if I was the police, I'd question you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cougar24man For This Useful Post:

danny527 (07-23-2010)

Just look at the number the text is from... if it's not your number, or any number linked to your acc, your safe. They probably have dealt with alot of cases like this, like someone hacks an email and sends threatening messages. Or a facebook or twitter acc, or many other things. Your safe man.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to piston597 For This Useful Post:

danny527 (07-23-2010)

I would say safe too. Just be honest and answer all their questions.

The text would be from the sim number but still have your IMEI. They will follow the sim trail but they have to stop at the IMEI trail first.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

danny527 (07-23-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If they found the phone that sent the text, couldnt they accuse OP for swapping SIMs to cover up the trail? Or could they listen to the story, then continue on to find the owner of the phone number the text was sent from? Cuz like wouldnt it be easy to take the number, find the carrier of it, then find the person who the number belongs to? Sorry to scare you OP...Im curious.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

danny527 (07-23-2010)

Even if they guy did it himself with a sim swap they can still see who purchased the other sim. Same sort of thing jsut happened where a lady got caught texting threats to herself but trying to accuse her ex-boyfriend and his sister.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

danny527 (07-23-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanx guys.. i hv just attended the investigation.. as of now should b clear off bcos that sim card is oso sending text from others imei which doesnt belongs to me. But in philippine, u can buy any prepaid sim card without registration. no matter how, wat i learn from this is.... MAKE SURE UR PHONE IS ALWAYS IN UR POCKET.. NOT EVEN ON UR WORK DESK..
    thank u so much guys.. hope that everything will b clear off soon...