+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wierd issue with WiFi connection at a University

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I work for a University in North Texas. We have a campus wide WiFi network that has the same SSID and Paraphrase. Once these are entered, and the user brings
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Wierd issue with WiFi connection at a University
    I work for a University in North Texas. We have a campus wide WiFi network that has the same SSID and Paraphrase. Once these are entered, and the user brings up a web page, he/she is forced to log in with a user name and password.

Here is my problem. With my old 3G phone I was able to do this no problem. But with my i4, I accept the certificate and then it acts like it is going to connect to the captive portal, then kills Safari. Anyone have ideas on what is going on??? It is something to do with the phone, because other IS people with the 3Gs and iOS 4 don't have the problem.

I have spoken with Apple support and they told me to update to 4.0.1 and that didn't fix my problem. They told me to restore to new if that didn't fix it, I did and it still doesn't work.

I have an appt at an Apple store on Saturday to get the phone looked at. I hope they just replace it.
    Last edited by mmurphmsu; 07-20-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Thanks

Got a brand new phone Saturday at the Apple store in Frisco, tried it this morning at work and it still crashes after I accept the server certificate. So it must be a Safari issue. I am gonna call Apple again on my lunch break and see what they say.

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow it seems whenever you call apple for help now they just tell you to update to there latest version

Thanks

Well I did a google search on safari crashes with iphone 4 and found this thread: [ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=961863]iPhone 4 Safari crashes when accessing internet at school - Mac Forums[/ame]

Turning off Autofill fixed my issue.