Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Fading Apple Logo(wont boot)is a discussion within the
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
My friend asked me to try fix her iPhone 3G and heres whats happening: - Usually nothing happens when power button is pressed, unless its plugged in - when plugged...
07-19-2010, 07:50 AM #1Fading Apple Logo(wont boot)
My friend asked me to try fix her iPhone 3G and heres whats happening:
- Usually nothing happens when power button is pressed, unless its plugged in
- when plugged in, the apple logo appears as if it going to boot but then fades away after about 10 seconds...causing the device to turn off with some faint trace of the logo on the screen.
- I managed to get it to restore mode by holding the home button and then plugging in the cable(it did not fade from this). However when trying to restore(to any fw), it consistently gives error 23 and does not progress past "preparing iphone to restore"
- I managed to get it to what appears to be dfu mode(windows detects it as dfu device, black screen, detected in itunes), however, if I plug it out and in again it goes back to its own fading apple logo self. Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think it was possible to come out of DFU without restoring. Also in this mode I get error 23 at the exact same point.
- I tried running both redsn0w and blackra1n when the device was in restore mode....the geohot logo(/jailbreak data message + image) appeared but both faded similar to the apple logo within seconds
I have basically accepted at this point that there is some hardware at fault(it definitely was not dropped or anything...this issue seems to be spontaneous) but I would appreciate any suggestions to confirm or deny this suspicion.
Now to the real issue. It is under warranty but before the problem presented itself it was both jailbroken and unlocked.
If anybody has any suggestions as to how I could manage a restore or wipe it in any way it would be much appreciated.
07-19-2010, 10:41 AM #2
The same thing happened to me but after I went on itunes to I just hit restore and now I have it running on the 4.0 software.
The Following User Says Thank You to diegovengeance For This Useful Post:
07-19-2010, 11:25 AM #3
Error 23 does indeed indicate a hardware failure. Since it's under warranty just take it to an Apple store or send it in to be replaced. The fact that it was previously jailbroken won't matter with the state the phone is in right now.
The only way apple will get it to come on at all is by some how getting it to restore, but once you tell them what's going on with it they won't even bother with that. They'll just replace it.
Last edited by jkmonkey; 07-19-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:
07-19-2010, 01:45 PM #4
Thanks everyone for your help. It is appreciated