Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 4.0.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak 4.0.1
    Hey MMi,

I just got a 32GB used iPhone 3GS (OLD BOOTROM) from my friend. Currently it is jailbroken with spirit on 3.1.3. From my understanding, with a modified version of pwnage tool you can jailbreak 4.0.1 on some 3GS's. I would assume this means Old Bootrom only but apparently its more complicated than that. My question is this: Can a 3GS Old bootrom 3.1.3 pwned with spirit be jailbroken on any 4x iOS at this point? thanks.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Theres a program called spirit2pwn...

Alot of people don't like it because the developer used apple code (which is illegal), and signed the program using the creator of spirits name (which he has NOTHING to do with)

But i've tested it on multiple devices, and its basically what your looking for.

I dont know if its a touchy subject here, so i wont go into to much detail, but you should be able to find everything googling, or searching on here.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

thanks man. I have also found a method of downgrading to 3.1.2 WITHOUT SHSH blobs using RecBoot. That will make you eligble for the pwnage tool 4.0.1 JB, note you need a modified version of pwnage tool to JB 4.0.1. See modified version here
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Hey, how did you downgrade to 3.1.2 without SHSH? Is there a tutorial or link you can give me?

Thanks

Although I have yet to do this on the new bootloader you restore the iPhone to a copy of 3.1.2 that you can download here: felixbruns.de note to restore to a downloaded IPSW hold shift with hitting restore. It will go through and at the end it will give you an error. Ignore this and close iTunes. Open recboot downloaded here UPDATED: The Final Release of RecBoot hit exit. Wait for reboot. Done

Does it matter which version of iTunes?

Is there away to offically jailbreak to ios4.0.1, im on 4.0.0 but i dont want to use sn0wbreeze and use the ios4.0.1 Beta..

Thanks

there is NO "official" way to JB 4.0.1 but it is possible to do.

BTW my 3GS 32GB is now Jailbroken on 4.0.1

how did you do it?

Thanks

Go to my post here: How to Jailbreak 4.0.1

Default iphone 3gs old bootrom serial np os 4.0.1
    well so far looks this way everybody who has a 3gs old botroom and if you recently upgrade it to 4.0.1 you have no break to go back either way not even jailbreak this firmware or you have one choice sale your iphone and buy one already jailbreak with os 3.1.3 and dont even think put your phone in itunes if you do it make shure to uncheck the auto update dont make the same mistake i did god bless

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    Go to my post here: How to Jailbreak 4.0.1
    Do you encountered any bugs in modified pwnagetools to work on 4.0.1?

Thanks

There was one. If you did the simple version and not expert, it wouldn't let you change the Background from the ispazio repo picture. But its an easy fix, just delete the file in /var/stash/wallpapers. However, I don't know why you would want to be on 4.0.1 vs. 4.0, unless of course you like your bars bigger :P I would recomend using the dev teams one for 4.0. Btw try to post to the other thread I started I don't want to have two with the same topics at the same time.

Default dear friend
    i dont wanna be on 4.0.1 i make the mistake to make an update and the results was the 4.0.1 there is now way to goig back i know but? if they are any way let me know i will happy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edgardo_2001 View Post
    i dont wanna be on 4.0.1 i make the mistake to make an update and the results was the 4.0.1 there is now way to goig back i know but? if they are any way let me know i will happy
    If you have SHSHs on file for 3.1x yes.
    If you have an old bootrom yes.
    If you have the NEW bootrom with NO SHSHs than your SOL. Or in kinder words no.