+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "I always feel like somebody is watching me!" And YOU should TOO!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Check this out! My brother located in Orlando, FL. asked if I had noticed any weird service outages with AT&T lately while using my iPhone 4. I said no not
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default "I always feel like somebody is watching me!" And YOU should TOO!
    Check this out! My brother located in Orlando, FL. asked if I had noticed any weird service outages with AT&T lately while using my iPhone 4. I said no not in my area, Northwest Florida.

He went on to tell me that two of his co-workers (who also happen to be ex-apple employees) and himself all had network issues at the same time the other day on their iPhone 4's. One of them grabbed a land-line and called AT&T and started troubleshooting the network issues.

At one point they had stopped using the iPhone 4 for the troubleshooting and set it aside. Soon after the AT&T agent then said "OK hold on a sec, yea I can hear you guys now. But there is some static".

The iPhone was not connected to a phone call or doing anything. AT&T had remote access to the mic on the phone...........And I'm sure every other function as well!

Thanks

Oooh! A conspiracy theory.

If I had an iPhone 4 I would put some tape over the front facing camera because otherwise they can watch you.

I also find it useful to wear a hat made of foil to keep the voices out....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hahahahaha

r u sure they agent didn't mean he could hear you better over then land line?
    how can u be on the phone with someone on your right hand, have a phone doin nothing in your left. yet think the person on your right is hacking your phone because they can hear you?
    maybe I'm missing something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yea i think ur missing something maybe re-read and comprehend the post i made....

He was doing functions to the phone that agent told him to check network connectivity settings and what not. When you call AT&T you are supposed to use a land-line so that you can operate your phone when the agent tells you to to something.

If you don't understand that then I cannot help you.

The phone was not in use at the time the agent said he could hear them but there was some static. It was sitting on the desk next to them while he talked on the land-line

Thanks

I refer to my previous post.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I question your mental capability as it pertains to your reference.

Thanks

Maybe you should try the foil hat? It stops them watching you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There's no way a mobile phone would have static, it's digital. You either have signal or you don't. You lose 1 bit of the stream, it's corrupt and you just hear crazy dial-up modem sounds. So I say there was static on the land line.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Forget about the land-line. The agent referred to the fact that he had just made a remote connection to the phone without anything showing up on the screen to notify the user.

Thanks

Its very possible. But I wouldnt worry about it unless your a direct threat to "freedom".

Thanks

It's a load of crap. Seeing how this is a 2nd hand story makes it even more diluted than the truth. As I said it could not have been static they heard through the mobile phone because it is digital!

Thanks

Its possible. Do some research and open your mind a little. Dont refuse something simply on the fact that it interferes with your reality.

Thanks

It's not possible to have static on a digital signal. This is not my reality, it's the universe's reality. If it was an analog radio I would believe it. If they can gain hardware access, then they could gain software access even easier and tell that people are jailbroken or unlocked, very simply and massively, and since no one has been dumped out of their contract or had their phone randomly bricked, I say NO.
    Last edited by ramicio; 07-16-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks

Fair enough, I kind of over looked that part. I was just stating that it is possible. Nothing to worry about unless you got something to hide. Hmmmm???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    why are you hinging this on the STATIC? That was just a comment from the agent that it sounded like a not so good connection.

When I switched my wife and I over to the 4 from the 3g iphone, I immediatly commented that it didn't sound as clear as the 3g.

I'm pretty sure that AT&T agent wasn't trying to make a new discovery of STATIC on a DIGITAL SIGNAL is possible.

If you say its impossible than more power to you for knowing for a fact that your a genius in the digital signal field.

Nowhere in the story was I trying to invent something that doesn't exist.

And yes open your mind a little is all im trying to say with this.....

Anything is possible nowadays.....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to peach_nick For This Useful Post:

PWNsyst3m (07-16-2010)

Thanks

Word.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can confirm that a tin foil hat does not cause static.... A saucepan on the other hand....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

Just because you are not paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you....

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

I'm scared..............oh my.