+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos from iPhone showing up in different sizes in XP Explorer (??)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All, This may not be the proper section of this forum for posting this but wasn't sure of the correct place. Also may be a stupid question, sorry. I've
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Photos from iPhone showing up in different sizes in XP Explorer (??)
    Hi All,
    This may not be the proper section of this forum for posting this but wasn't sure of the correct place. Also may be a stupid question, sorry. I've taken several hundred pics with the 3gs over the last month and want to now manually view / copy the photos from it to windows xp thru explorer which is the method I've always used for transferring info. I've noticed that out of my many pics, some show up on the windows explorer screen as full size (1600 x 1200 with about 1mb size to them) while others that were taking after (or maybe even some before) appear on the screen significantly smaller in resolution (size wise). I'm aware that when someone emails you a photo, their iphone will automatically downsize, but these are actual pics I took with the camera on my phone. As a side note, when I email someone a pic I took with the camera, instead of using the "email photo" option,if I want someone to have the full res pic, I go into the photos and "copy" it and then "paste" it directly into the email. But the question I have is WHY are the photos I took showing up different sizes in Explorer. Most of them (~90%) are about 1mb in size and show up full size. But then some of them show up much smaller and only have about 200kb in size. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

anybody?