Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
since all this death grip issues are still going on, is it worth it to buy an iphone 4 right now? after i seen the soft unlock video from planet...
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM #1
is it worth to buy an iphone 4 right now?
since all this death grip issues are still going on,
is it worth it to buy an iphone 4 right now?
after i seen the soft unlock video from planet being, im getting the urge to go to apple and buying the iphone 4 without a contract.
i know the jailbreak/unlock tools aren't released yet but you might never know,
or should i just wait till a shipment of fixed (death grip free) iphones comes in?
i dont know when though.
btw just seeing that video made my day
Last edited by mindblown; 07-14-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: more information
07-14-2010, 09:12 PM #2
If you are really worried. Wait til the jailbreak is out. Buy it then if you don't like it before 30 days is up you can return it. If you've gone this long without iPhone 4 you should be able to wait a couple more weeks* until the jb is released.
*"couple weeks" is a total guessHave they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:
07-14-2010, 09:42 PM #3
hmm your right.
thanks for the feedback man
07-14-2010, 09:42 PM #4
i think its totally worth it...I've had some of the issues reported like the death grip but I usually hold it in my right hand anyway and I'm obsessed with it..I could never go back from that screen.. i use my 3g for theming and as soon as I pick it up I feel like my whole phone must have a problem because of how bad it looks compared to the 4 but it doesnt hahhaThe Next Generation of Phreaks.
The Following User Says Thank You to wannabprogramma For This Useful Post:
07-14-2010, 09:45 PM #5
i know, ive played with the iphone 4 at apple and its just amazing haha
btw your psp theme is awesome!
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM #6
I just ordered an iphone 4 from the apple website. 3 week wait. Jeez. Hopefully it will come from a good batch. : D
07-14-2010, 11:25 PM #7
I'm in the same boat as u op. I was gunna wait and see what happens first plus I kinda wanted to get the white. But with the new fw coming soon and the need for the shsh blobs to jb 4.0 window shrinking I think I'm gunna bite the bullet and order one asap myself. I will wait til Monday to call and order it to see what happens on Friday with the conference.
07-15-2010, 12:25 AM #8
I'd buy a 32gb 3GS and wait until i5. i4 is proving to hardware fail which can only be solved by i5. It'll run 4.0 better than anything out there short of the i4 itself, 3GS is still a powerful hoss, the i4 didn't improve performance in any reasonable amount according to tests.Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s
07-15-2010, 06:57 PM #9
buy it and get a case or use the tape trickName? whereswaldo
iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
Found yet? No
07-15-2010, 07:27 PM #10
I never buy the first model of anything, whether its a PS3, TV, or iPhone.
The first runs of any product always has flaws, and you are bound to get substantially better product for your money if you buy the next release. Thats my vote at the least.mod edit/ removed