+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: apple component cable locks up iphone when plugged in

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a jailbroken Iphone 3G running 3.1.2. Everything for the most part has been running fine up until this point. I basically jailbroke this so I could watch the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry apple component cable locks up iphone when plugged in
    I have a jailbroken Iphone 3G running 3.1.2. Everything for the most part has been running fine up until this point. I basically jailbroke this so I could watch the Padres in San Diego and beat there stupid blackout restrictions. I have the fake locater installed and works perfectly (props to the designer), I also have Tv out landscape installed another great program. I use the apple component cables purchased from the apple store to output to my 42 plasma tv. I had been watching the games just fine until 3 days ago. Now when I plug the cable into my iphone and press the mlb app, (or any app) it starts the screen to open the app then just returns to the springboard. If i do this repeatedly the phone locks and I have to reset it to get the iphone working again. I'm Hoping someone can help me out cause i'm stumped.
    also the phone works fine and apps open when the charger cord is plugged in.
    I tried and unjailbroken ipod touch with the component cable and the apps all open on that. thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try deleting and re-installing the MLB app. It could have also been a problem on their end.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tried that but didn't work. as soon as i plug the cable in the iphone basically locks up. you can still scroll between pages but as soon as you try to open an app it locks up.