Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 4 IOS update Coming Today Or Tommorow Confirmed by APPLE CARE PHONE SUPPORT

Default IPhone 4 IOS update Coming Today Or Tommorow Confirmed by APPLE CARE PHONE SUPPORT
    Hi I was talking to Apple Customer Care Someone Name Hillary regarding my proximity sensor problem. She said there is an update coming of IOS4 today or tomorrow to address the signal problem but she said she was not sure about if it will fix the proximity problem or not but the NEWS is she said the update will come either tonight or tomorrow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iphone925 For This Useful Post:

bobright (07-13-2010), MikeThomson (07-13-2010)

i do really hope it fixes everything! my wifi always stayes on when the phone locks and my screen always stays on while in calls.. and then we will have the damn jailbreak!!

but im still very unsure about the signal problem... i think that it may just mask it and they will hope people will just shut up about it.. someone is deffinatly going to have to do some tests after the update!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeThomson For This Useful Post:

iphone925 (07-13-2010)

I don't think it's going to do anything about the signal problem For that they have to recall the IPHONE 4 and do some kind of modification on the hardware itself And I hope when they do that they also do fix this proximity sensor and make this IPHONE 4 Really a Phone first

So pretty much in a nutshell, apple released an inferior product. I was considering upgrading to the 4, but not now. I think it's BS that you pay this much for a phone, and have all these problems. Then, you have to deal with AT&T and their BS problems. I have been trying to send 2 lousy pics for the last hour, still no go. End of rant...

If true great, sick of the waiting game from apple.

Surprised it wasnt leaked already if its coming by tonight or tomorrow. It usually is.
    Last edited by bobright; 07-13-2010 at 08:29 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

iphone925 (07-13-2010)

Yea I hope they do come out SOON NOW so we all can soon Have JAILBREAK Iphone is no FUN without jailbreaking

I really hope it's coming soon, not so that I can upgrade but so we can finally have our jailbreak!!! My iPhone 4 is great n all but a jailbreak would be da beesknees!!! Btw not to discredit OP but I think I doubt this update will be out as soon as today/tomorrow, more likely just a case of an apple rep trying to pacify you, would be happy to be proven wrong though!!!

I would be really surprised if this is true. Apple doesn't give that info away. Expect one soon though.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I have this thing I do and get phones swapped out for friends even if out of warranty and yesterday I was at the apple store doing my magic and I had the tech the last four times so he kinda knows me so we start talking about the iPhone 4 and I asked him about the fw update and he said "all I can tell you is that it will be soon very soon" I asked this week you think and he repeated "all I can say is soon very soon"

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME AND ASK HOW I DO IT CAUSE IM NOT GONNA TELL YA
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

You know when I found an iPhone 4 at a AT&T kiosk, I tried hard to get that thing to drop signal, gripping around the left corner gap and it never lost a single bar. Maybe it's just a particular area affected, but I never saw it. Glad I'm on a 3G so I won't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    I have this thing I do and get phones swapped out for friends even if out of warranty and yesterday I was at the apple store doing my magic and I had the tech the last four times so he kinda knows me so we start talking about the iPhone 4 and I asked him about the fw update and he said "all I can tell you is that it will be soon very soon" I asked this week you think and he repeated "all I can say is soon very soon"

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME AND ASK HOW I DO IT CAUSE IM NOT GONNA TELL YA
    Why even mention that part then? lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hope this is true and Comex has the Jb ready for release right after.

I don't know if you guys been following this thread or no but looks like APPLE is trying to Completely shut off jailbreak here is the thread

I Was Forced By iTunes To Restore Today, I Recieved A Notification While On My Phone

And if this does happen Well then I am so returning the IPHONE 4 cause without the jailbreak IPHONE 4 is no FUN

Here is what i found some thing from anonymous employee at apple

in the iOS4 there is a line of code we wrote that stands for OAU also known as "Over Air Updates". How it works is every 7 to 14 days We (Apple) and AT&T send a message to your iPhone that gathers some data from your iPhone without you knowing and we see what is running, baseband and firmware. We then send a following message. "There are optional updates for your iPhone, Would you like to install them now?" two options "Yes" or "Later". Those are what would would call "OPTIONAL UPDATES" Now there are things called "MANDATORY UPDATES". They tend to work the same way, grab data from the iPhones sends it to AT&T and us then back to your iPhone with the message, "Your iPhone (name of iphone) must be updated to the current AT&T standards to run", your only option is to "Accept" Now you can try to work your way around it until you get the second mandatory message again "You must plug iPhone into iTunes and update" If you don't do this you will then receive no Signal from the network anymore and your iPhone will potentially lock up with no signs of use until you update your iPhone via iTunes. You all agreed to this terms and condition when you installed iTunes 9.2 and then again once you updated to iOS4.
    Last edited by iphone925; 07-14-2010 at 01:20 AM.

That would be dumb, lets say someone is on a trip and they get that mandatory update, what are they going to do? Not a good move Apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

I have this feeling that all they're going to do is a software change and make the bars full, or at least one bar away from full, when in reality the signal is still dropping. This is great if they just want to do nothing of the problem and just cover it up with make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    I have this feeling that all they're going to do is a software change and make the bars full, or at least one bar away from full, when in reality the signal is still dropping. This is great if they just want to do nothing of the problem and just cover it up with make-up.
    The problem is mostly software, it's an issue with the device losing signal when it tries to switch frequencies.

Thanks

I've heard everywhere that it's a hardware issue. Some guy told me @ AT&T not buy it because it has hardware issues... So I don't know... We'll see

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm curious to see the feedback comex gets when the update is released and the boobs realize he doesn't have the jailbreak ready. As of yesterday he had not finished it yet.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Halten77 (07-14-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    I'm curious to see the feedback comex gets when the update is released and the boobs realize he doesn't have the jailbreak ready. As of yesterday he had not finished it yet.
    Hopefully these people won't annoy the hell out of Comex, Dev Team, Or even Geohot's friend. These people gotta watch out, next thing you know all of jailbreaking is gone unless you know coding and can do it yourself. Just upload an IpSw into a hex editor and see what you can find

The signal drop is a hardware issue. The only software issue is that it doesn't display the correct amount of bars

25. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

Halten77 (07-14-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast