+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 4 IOS update Coming Today Or Tommorow Confirmed by APPLE CARE PHONE SUPPORT

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Geohot deserved his criticism not for what he did for the iPhone, but for him personally. Nobody though should be badgered for a release date. Of course if I was
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Geohot deserved his criticism not for what he did for the iPhone, but for him personally. Nobody though should be badgered for a release date. Of course if I was in his shoes, I would just ignore them after a while.

Comex and Planetbeing found 3 ways to jailbreak the iPhone 4, they are just waiting for the update Apple is bringing for the signal issue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    The signal drop is a hardware issue. The only software issue is that it doesn't display the correct amount of bars
    Thank you for setting things straight, appreciate it. Happy Birthday by the way.

Thanks

Hmm, it is a problem with not showing a true amount of bars, guess the article I read was wrong.

Apple iPhone 4 AT&T Signal Bars Antenna Reception Issue is Consumer Hoax Resulting in Frivolous Class Action Lawsuit Threats | ResourcesForLife.com

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyrojing View Post
    Geohot deserved his criticism not for what he did for the iPhone, but for him personally. Nobody though should be badgered for a release date. Of course if I was in his shoes, I would just ignore them after a while.

Comex and Planetbeing found 3 ways to jailbreak the iPhone 4, they are just waiting for the update Apple is bringing for the signal issue.
    They found three ways to unlock the Iphone. Not 3 ways to jailbreak it, big difference.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If OTA updates become an issue, it would seem likely they could be blocked relatively easy -- especially by one of our resident genuses

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyrojing View Post

Why is this turning into another Geohot thread? Jesus let it go. Modmyi should ban the damn kids name from here like they do warez, this is ridiculous.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

stlcaddie (07-14-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    They found three ways to unlock the Iphone. Not 3 ways to jailbreak it, big difference.
    your right, my bad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone925 View Post
    I don't know if you guys been following this thread or no but looks like APPLE is trying to Completely shut off jailbreak here is the thread

I Was Forced By iTunes To Restore Today, I Recieved A Notification While On My Phone

And if this does happen Well then I am so returning the IPHONE 4 cause without the jailbreak IPHONE 4 is no FUN

Here is what i found some thing from anonymous employee at apple

in the iOS4 there is a line of code we wrote that stands for OAU also known as "Over Air Updates". How it works is every 7 to 14 days We (Apple) and AT&T send a message to your iPhone that gathers some data from your iPhone without you knowing and we see what is running, baseband and firmware. We then send a following message. "There are optional updates for your iPhone, Would you like to install them now?" two options "Yes" or "Later". Those are what would would call "OPTIONAL UPDATES" Now there are things called "MANDATORY UPDATES". They tend to work the same way, grab data from the iPhones sends it to AT&T and us then back to your iPhone with the message, "Your iPhone (name of iphone) must be updated to the current AT&T standards to run", your only option is to "Accept" Now you can try to work your way around it until you get the second mandatory message again "You must plug iPhone into iTunes and update" If you don't do this you will then receive no Signal from the network anymore and your iPhone will potentially lock up with no signs of use until you update your iPhone via iTunes. You all agreed to this terms and condition when you installed iTunes 9.2 and then again once you updated to iOS4.
    Please don't spread garbage rumors like that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone925 View Post
    I don't know if you guys been following this thread or no but looks like APPLE is trying to Completely shut off jailbreak here is the thread

I Was Forced By iTunes To Restore Today, I Recieved A Notification While On My Phone
    No, what happened to the OP in that thread was a hardware failure. The radios in the phone died, the phone recognized this and prompted him to restore to try to correct the problem. It was NOT some super secret attempt by Apple to unjailbreak him. Hardware failure, nothing more. He needs to take his phone to apple to have it replaced.

Thanks

I just got an email saying I could download iOS 4.1 sdk

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12