Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not seen in my computer OR in iTunes on one PC, but its there in another PC

Default iPhone not seen in my computer OR in iTunes on one PC, but its there in another PC
    I have an iPhone 3G, just updated to 4.0 to try and solve this, to no avail. Running XP on my laptop.

Everything was working fine, now I can't charge my phone on my computer, iTunes doesn't see it, and MY Computer doesn't see it. I can charge the phone with the outlet adapter fine; my Shuffle works fine with iTunes; and I can use my wife's computer to access the phone.

The last change I made was updating iTunes, but I think it worked okay even after that. Not 100% sure, though. I just can't figure out how to trouble shoot this issue. Any suggestions?

I have restarted the phone and PC, I did the hard reboot on the phone (power and home keys).

And when I plug the phone into the USB, I don't get the normal USB ding, I get three quick dings, like an error alert.
    Last edited by jsiggy1; 07-11-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
    2. QuickTime
    3. Apple Software Update
    4. Apple Mobile Device Support
    5. Bonjour
    6. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Once you do this reinstall itunes, don't worry you will still have your media library.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Default No Luck.
    Tried all as you said. Same result. Still get the error beeps when I plug into the USB. I tried all the other ports to see if that was the issue, but no. And the port works for other devices.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried updating your usb drivers via device manager on your pc? Maybe a system restore on your pc would help. Its obvious that the issue is with that specific pc, so I guess you should be trouble shooting that pc. Also if your still under warranty or have apple care try giving them a call for help. They will try their best to help you figure out the issue.

Also you said it shows up fine on your other pc, try restoring to new on that other pc and then see if it will detect on the trouble pc.

Goodluck.

Edit: a 3 usb beep code means device is not seen.
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 07-11-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter