Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] iPhone 3GS turns on only when plugged in

Default [HELP] iPhone 3GS turns on only when plugged in
    Here's the story, I was using the phone perfectly fine the other day then I left in the car for about 2 hrs. Then when I picked it up, it was off, and won't turn on!! But when I plugged it in using the wall charger, it turns on and goes directly to connect to itunes with the emergency calls only screen. When I unplug the phone, it turns off.

I thought is was a software problem so I plugged it in in my mac but only goes to the apple logo, then reboots then apple logo again then reboots and so on and so forth.

I was able to put it into recovery mode, but I can't put it into DFU. When I tried to put it in DFU it would just reboot and go into recovery mode.

Basically, my iphone only turns on when plugged in either using the charger or a laptop and goes directly to recovery mode.

What might be my problem? Any solutions?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Your battery probably **** the bed. If you have AppleCare I'd suggest going to apple they might warranty it. It sounds like the phone is powering off of the charger when it's plugged in and the battery holds no charge