+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stuck on apple logo, no backup

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
3gs 3.1.2: is there a way to get out of endless apple logo (with a circle appearing over it after a while), or backup a few files from the filesystem?
    kto
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default stuck on apple logo, no backup
    3gs 3.1.2:
    is there a way to get out of endless apple logo (with a circle appearing over it after a while), or backup a few files from the filesystem? i can go into the recovery mode, and that's about all. i haven't got any backup, so i cannot do the restore.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

If you dont have any SHSH blobs saved to restore your phone to, you will be forced to go up to iOS 4. If you have the old bootrom tho, you could very well go up to iOS 4 and jailbreak with PwnageTool or Spirit. The latter requires an official carrier's SIM and the other requires a Mac, just FYI.

Before you take any steps, determine if your phone is the old or new boot then post again with your findings.

kto
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i do have shsh's with saurik, but my problem is that there is data on the phone which i don't want to lose. i know some people have managed to kick the phone out of the "apple logo" loop without restoring. or maybe there is a way to access file system from this state or from recovery mode?