Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am getting an iphone and would like your help!

Exclamation I am getting an iphone and would like your help!
    I have ordered a 16gb iphone 3gs and will want to jailbreak it once it comes in

what is the best jb software for me to use on my iphone? i have an ipod touch jailbroken already so i know what to do.

i use a pc if that makes a difference

and also what are the best apps and mods to get for the iphone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian3113 View Post
    I have ordered a 16gb iphone 3gs and will want to jailbreak it once it comes in

what is the best jb software for me to use on my iphone? i have an ipod touch jailbroken already so i know what to do.

i use a pc if that makes a difference

and also what are the best apps and mods to get for the iphone?
    They are a few things you will need to know about your 3gs

1. Old or New bootrom

2. Firmware Version

3. Baseband Version aka Modem software version

4. Are you going to need the phone unlocked (if you are going to have a contract with other than the original carrier the phone was designed for)

5. You also need to check and see if the Iphone you get is already jailbroken! Easiest way is to look for an icon on your Springboard called Cydia, if it is present it is already jailbroken!

To find this out you need to simply use the Search at the top of this page very simple and do a lot of reading and then if still confused as for help as somebody will assist you of this I am sure!

As far as apps everybody has different interest so that would be your choice some are free and some cost so you need to read up on the ones that cost so you will know if its worth it for you to have that app!

Also as far as Jailbreaking software they are several, I only use Dev-Team software but I have both PC and MAC!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I use firmwares that have been uploaded by Pwnage users. You are a little ahead of the game right now because you never know what phone you are getting. Post back once you receive it and we can help you out then.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    They are a few things you will need to know about your 3gs

1. Old or New bootrom

2. Firmware Version

3. Baseband Version aka Modem software version

4. Are you going to need the phone unlocked (if you are going to have a contract with other than the original carrier the phone was designed for)

5. You also need to check and see if the Iphone you get is already jailbroken! Easiest way is to look for an icon on your Springboard called Cydia, if it is present it is already jailbroken!

To find this out you need to simply use the Search at the top of this page very simple and do a lot of reading and then if still confused as for help as somebody will assist you of this I am sure!

As far as apps everybody has different interest so that would be your choice some are free and some cost so you need to read up on the ones that cost so you will know if its worth it for you to have that app!

Also as far as Jailbreaking software they are several, I only use Dev-Team software but I have both PC and MAC!

Here is what i know so far:

i am using windows 7

iphone 3gs

ios 4.0

bootloader 6.4

firmware 05.13.04

model MC637C

is it jailbreakable???

Thanks

If it's on 4.0 already then it will depend on wether or not the phone has ever been jailbroken before and if it has shsh's on file. Once you get the phone you can use tinyumbrella to find out if shsh files are backed up on cydia's server.

I already have it and it isnt jailbroken already or any shshs cuz i got it brand new
    And i was trying the tiny umbrella thing but im not 100% sure what to do with it i have my evid and tried to nake a shsh or whatever but i couldnt choose apple

Is there another way i can do it and what am i looking for to h able to jailbreak it?

Thanks

If it's a brand new never used phone and it's on 4.0 right now, then for the time being you will be unable to jailbreak. You'll have to wait for a new jailbreak for 4.x to be released.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 07-16-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Are any supposed to be released shortly? Do you you know of sites i should be watching for one at?

Thanks

There should be one released sometime in the relatively near future. Watch the news page on this site. It'll be on there within minutes of the release.