+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prob with Cydia??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am on the IOS 4.0 and since the jail break with redsnow, Nothing I downlaod from Cydia will open. Any one have any ideas.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Prob with Cydia??
    I am on the IOS 4.0 and since the jail break with redsnow, Nothing I downlaod from Cydia will open. Any one have any ideas.

Thanks

Nothing such as.....?

Thanks

I’m sorry for not being descriptive about the problems I am having, in my original post. I received a phone call I could not put on hold, one that I knew would last a while. I decided to post topic without thoroughly proofreading the contents of my post.

The phone is a 3G on ios4.0. It is jail broken using red snow.

Cydia, as I have already stated, is giving me problems. I have not been able to open one single App I have downloaded. This can range from things like, Brower Apps, and Video Camera Apps, to basic programs you can download from Cydia. When the App has finished uploading/downloading, it will show an icon on the spriing board. However, when I attempt to open the App, it will only display the App loading screen, then it will close. I have downloaded 5 to 10 Apps with this same issue.

So people will have all of the information they, that they may need to help me, there is one thing I believe I did wrong upon installation. After the initial Jail Break, I decided I did not want all of the options. So I decided to Re-Jail broke the phone. During this process, I all of the options available checked, and only unchecked the things I did not want. I heard someone say, “ you have to uncheck Cydia, because it is already on the phone, and not un-checking it could create some issues with the App itself."

I do not have winter/summer board on the phone because I am not planning to get into any more customization. I am happy with the folders and multi-tasking with battery percentage on my 3G.
    I would appreciate any help.

Thanks guys

Tom
    Last edited by mustard05; 07-09-2010 at 04:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nerddownthestreet's Avatar
    Thanks

Does OpenSSH work?
    question = (to) ? be : !be;

Thanks

Your best bet is to restore to a clean 4.0. Then rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.5b-5.

Thanks

I am running that download. Now that I have winterboarb running. ZThe phone is running better than it ever has. I set up my brothers, and fiances phone just like mine. They are both the 3g phone, and they love it.

Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

Tom