Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help lost contacts and everything how to restore from backup???

Default Please help lost contacts and everything how to restore from backup???
    can someone please help me. i downloaded the new software for the iphone (4.0> for the 3GS iphone. i right clicked on the iphone and clicked "backup" did what i was told by people at the apple store. i then clicked "restore" hoping it would go back to the old software 3.? (not sure what it was) i wanted to go back because V4.0 was running slow and i just wasnt a fan. well it wound up deleteing all my contacts setting texts etc. HOW do i get the stuff that i backuped? everyone's showing this restore from backup button but its not there. is there a way to manually do this? any help is appirciated! thanks in advance!

The restore tab only resets you contacts, messages, apps, app layout, and various other settings.

To downgrade to 3.0 you will need to google for instruction on downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.2/3.1.3

so how do i get all my settings and contacts back..i cant find the backup

There should be a list of backups, just pick one from a date where you had your contacts