Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacktivation?

Default Hacktivation?
    I am the proud owner of a 32 gig iPhone 3GS New bootrom.. which has been previously jailbroken, but now I'm at the emergency call screen that asks me to activate. I have tried putting numerous at&t sim cards in it, and it doesn't activate. So if any of you know of a new software that could hacktivate and jailbreak, so I can use my iPaperweight again soon that would be amazing! Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saxapwn View Post
    I am the proud owner of a 32 gig iPhone 3GS New bootrom.. which has been previously jailbroken, but now I'm at the emergency call screen that asks me to activate. I have tried putting numerous at&t sim cards in it, and it doesn't activate. So if any of you know of a new software that could hacktivate and jailbreak, so I can use my iPaperweight again soon that would be amazing! Thanks.
    A little more info might help, as in what jailbreak and what happen to cause the emergency call thingy!

I used spirit, and my friend accidentally installed blackra1n and it caused it to crash. So I had to restore, and it requires activation now.

Thanks

I used spirit, and my friend accidentally installed blackra1n and it caused it to crash. So I had to restore, and it requires activation now.
    So you restored to straight up Itunes Resore IOS4?

If yes you will have to install AT&T sim with contract to get it to activate!

If that is what you have done you will probality have to restore again and leave AT&T sim in untill it finishs setting up phone and activates through Itunes!

If you did a shift restore then you need to have you shsh's saved on Cydia but will still have to wait for Itunes to activate!

More info = more help

Well, this was a long time ago this happened. Probably like 2 months ago. I restored to 3.1.3.. and for some reason it won't accept active at&t sims. I have no clue why.

Thanks

Well, this was a long time ago this happened. Probably like 2 months ago. I restored to 3.1.3.. and for some reason it won't accept active at&t sims. I have no clue why.
    Did you set it up as new phone if not that is what I would do next!

What do you mean new phone?

all data will be deleted from your phone.

I'm still lost.. what will that do?

I'm still lost.. what will that do?
    as i said in my previous post, all your data will be deleted from your phone, as if you just bought it., you will lose all contacts,videos,music,etc...
    Last edited by techboywii; 07-10-2010 at 02:24 PM.

He means restore the phone in iTunes, and then after the restore when it asks you to load from a backup, tell it to setup as a new phone.
    No signature spam