Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disabling multitasking

Default Disabling multitasking
    Has anybody else disabled the apple multitasking? I just disabled it and immediately noticed a pretty nice increase in performance. I didnt like it because whenever opening a app it never updated unless you manually hit refresh since it thought it never closed. Also I live backgrounder better cause it will keep my music player apps playing in the background which is the only reason I need multitasking and apples version didnt do this. Also I dont have to reboot to free up ram nearly as often since the free memory app wont release memory anymore.

Another subject is all the people that say the iPhone will be better with verizon. I suspect all the bugs with the iPhone now will be there on the iPhone with verizon. I used verizon for years and since at&t upgraded their network (which sucked here before they did) and switched to at&t about 4 years ago and I could honestly say in that time I rarely drop calls or dont have signal. I am not saying this is everywhere because I know at&t can be bad in some cities. I live a little south of pittsburgh, pa and cant complain. In my city verizon is covered but the signal is so weak they let 2 of my friends get out of their contract without penalty cause they know about the signal coverage in my area and wont dont anything about it cause there isnt enough people complaining about it. If the iPhone ever see the verizon network I can see the people that jump ship from at&t to go to verizon still having the same complaints about service, but maybe even more complaints.

I know I dont post hardly ever thats because I just read the forums and news and dont post on threads just to bash people or give comments that make no sense just to get my post numbers high.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm not sure what model phone you have but on my sisters 3g that I jailbroke and enabled multitasking it was hardly even usable it was so slow. I re-ran redsn0w and disabled multitasking and its almost back to its 3.1.2 glory. I agree with you on backgrounder being better for the older phones. On my iPhone 4 pandora/ipod will play in the background with multitasking.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You should be able to disable multitasking on the iPhone4 once you gain access to the filesystem when the jailbreak is released. On the 3G/3GS. To disable it, just set the multitasking from TRUE to FALSE in the plist. I think it was N82AP.plist on the 3G.