+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 16 GB

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi! I'm a bit confused with all these jailbreaks that came out recently. I just bought a 16GB 3GS that the person claimed to buy almost a year ago. She
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 16 GB
    Hi! I'm a bit confused with all these jailbreaks that came out recently. I just bought a 16GB 3GS that the person claimed to buy almost a year ago. She wiped it clean and has iOS 4.0 on it. Which jailbreak method should I use? Also if there is an unlock, what should I use for that as well?

Thanks a lot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, did she previously jailbreak the 3GS? More importantly, are her blobs stored? If you don't know the answer to neither questions, your best bet would be to edit your [1]host file, download 3.1.2, 3.1.3 firmwares, then try to restore with those. If you can successfully restore to 3.1.2, post back to here and we'll help you with further steps.

However, if you can't restore then your only choice is to wait for Comex's jailbreak release. There's currently no working jailbreak for 3GS already on IOS4 without the SHSH blobs stored.

Unlocks are only available to devices that are jailbroken. For unlocking purposes, you can use Ultrasn0w. Simply add: repo666.ultrasn0w.com, and install. Very easy process.

[1]C:Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com