Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my "modded" iphone 4, help!

Default my "modded" iphone 4, help!
    I used to have an Iphone 3g in which I ran the MakeitMine application on it to make a custom carrier to say "Nate". I changed it back to "AT&T" and took the jailbreak off at one point. I must have forgot to sync it after switching it back to ATT because when I synced my iphone 3g (non-jailbroken), it still said Nate, despite the fact it wasn't hacked.

Now...the same happened to my Iphone 4. I just synced it, and it says "Nate" as the carrier, just like my iphone 3g. I also tried running skype, and it said that it only works on "unmodified iphones." How do I fix this? Should I wipe itunes,how would I go about doing that? Help appreciated, thanks

Nate

Thanks

If you "Restore from backup" these things come back. The only way to get rid of it is to restore as new.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    If you "Restore from backup" these things come back. The only way to get rid of it is to restore as new.
    Which is what you should do anyways. Just make sure you back up your photos and sync your contacts.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks

Try resetting the network settings.
    Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

This may save you from having to do a restore again. However, I'm not sure how it will help with Skype or not but it should get rid of "Nate".
    If I helped at all, hit thanks! ------------>

iPhone 4, you will soon be mine.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Im pretty sure a restore is necessary so you can set it up as new. Like someone else already said, restoring from back up does bring these things back.

Oh, thanks everyone. I thought that "restoring from backup" and an ordinary sync are the same thing. It does make sense that they are different. I'll give it a go right now

Thanks

Yeah setting up as a new phone when restoring is always good practice. Resetting the network settings can't do any harm to see if it would work, especially if you may end up restoring anyway.

Either way Nate, let us know how it goes.
    If I helped at all, hit thanks! ------------>

iPhone 4, you will soon be mine.

ok, thanks everyone. The carrier logo went back to normal Now, i just can't wait for a real jailbreak to be out for iphone 4

Confirm this did not resolve your issue with Skype.