+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore error 23

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iphone 3GS with 3.1.3 FW and 5.12.01 BB jailbroken with spirit. Today I resprung it and it went into recovery mode. It shows connect to itunes and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Restore error 23
    I have an iphone 3GS with 3.1.3 FW and 5.12.01 BB jailbroken with spirit. Today I resprung it and it went into recovery mode. It shows connect to itunes and will only allow an emergency call. I've tried to restore it in itunes with FW 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and 4.0. I tried the restores in both recovery mode and dfu mode. I get an error 23 everytime. Does anybody have any info on how to fix this? Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

are you sure ur in dfu mode? try again. maybe try a diffrent computer with diffrent firmwares as well. do you have a default web browser? if you dont have one, itunes may cause this error. just set ur favorite web browser as a default and it might fix. use google! like itunes wont restore error 23 or something. maybe a diffrent cable. just look around the internet a bit! good luck!

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the response. I'm positive I'm in DFU mode. Haven't tried the default web browser yet. I'll give that a shot. Thanks again.

Thanks

Error 23 refers to a hardware failure. Usually either with the baseband, cell radio or dock connector. If the phone is less than a year old take it to apple for a replacement.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I took it to apple but they wouldn't touch it because you could still see the lockinfo on the lockscreen. I finally got it to only boot into restore though and they finally gave me a new one today. Whew! Close call for sure. I tell you what too...I hate how they look at you all smug because you have a JB iPhone. Apple is definitely love/hate!