Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I sell a factory sealed iphone 4 ?

Default How do I sell a factory sealed iphone 4 ?
    I want to sell an iphone 4 that I ordered from the app store app (online)... I'm told that my phone number and such are actually on this phone, so once the new person gets it and activates it, my 3GS will deactivate. How can I wipe the phone and rid my # on it and sell it to the next person ? Any advice ? ?

The new iPhone 4 is in factory setting until you plug sync with iTunes. Not sure who told you that but they are wrong.

The apple store told me that if you bought it online, it is configured and set up to your number and the only way to deactivate it is to goto AT&T !

If you mind taking it out of the wrapper, you could always take the sim card.

But when i bought my i4, as soon as i activated it online, it disconnected my 3gs. So if you don't want to open the package, just take it to an at&t store, and explain your situation.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I would like to know what you find out on this. I plan on selling and iPhone 4 and would like to keep it sealed.

So when you order an iphone 4 to be shipped to your house they have the SIM card installed in the phone already? If not then there shouldn't be any info about you on there.

Thanks

Yes I believe so? No 100% though

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to accept the terms and conditions to activate the phone which means the sim will be activated and yours will be deactivated. I just went through this. There is no way around it since you ordered it online and it ships with your sim in it. I bought one for my wife and we had to go to the AT&T store because the phone shipped with my phone number, not hers. They activated it...it killed my current sim then they dropped her number on a microsim and issued me a new sim for my 3GS since my sim was deactivated in the process.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

posrjak (07-07-2010)

Thanks

Any update on this? Alot of people want it sealed. How do I ensure they don't activate my number.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought Iphone 4 from Apple Online and it came with the microsim and when turned on it says connect to itunes and emergency call!

I connected to computer and Itunes open up and I started the process and NEVER input my phone number anywhere and when I tunes was done it had my phone number on the phone and then after rebooting it activated the Iphone 4!

So I would say the iphone has your phone number imbedded some where in the phone or sim!

It's in the SIM card, no ****. This is how every SIM car has ever been. People who want factory sealed phones from AT&T to sell should be shot because they are selling them for way too much. Worse are the morons paying that much for them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Just curious, is the warranty good for the John Doe who bought one of these Iphones from somebody else?

Thanks

Yes the warranty is on the phone not the purchase.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to posrjak For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-16-2010)