+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Losing quality when uploading videos?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
How come when you upload a video to facebook or even youtube it loses its quality? Im using the iphone 4..
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Losing quality when uploading videos?
    How come when you upload a video to facebook or even youtube it loses its quality? Im using the iphone 4..

Thanks

Compression, get pixelpipe , that will upload in HD, thanks button in advance

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

Answer1o1 (07-05-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it has mixed reviews but thanks anyways

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's a feature, not a bug.

When recording in HD, the output from the iPhone camera turns out to be approximately 1.4 MB/sec (!!). Could you imagine the impact millions of iPhone users uploading HD video would have to the already fragile AT&T 3G network? So in order to help alleviate that, the iPhone downconverts the video.

BTW - what is up with people fishing for "thanks" on this forum? I don't get it. I'd rather engage in a conversation with the OP to make sure all the questions were answered. That way when someone else comes along and finds the thread, it's helpful for them too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ct0wn For This Useful Post:

mad102190 (07-05-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ct0wn View Post
    It's a feature, not a bug.

When recording in HD, the output from the iPhone camera turns out to be approximately 1.4 MB/sec (!!). Could you imagine the impact millions of iPhone users uploading HD video would have to the already fragile AT&T 3G network? So in order to help alleviate that, the iPhone downconverts the video.

BTW - what is up with people fishing for "thanks" on this forum? I don't get it. I'd rather engage in a conversation with the OP to make sure all the questions were answered. That way when someone else comes along and finds the thread, it's helpful for them too.
    Yeah i tried uploading it with wifi too, samething. I dont see why they'd downconvert if your on wifi. 3G makes sense. The only way you keep the quality if by dragging the video on your computer or email it seems... Fishing for thanks lol..