+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Push Notifications

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so the push notifications have not been working on my phone and after a couple frustrating days and about 4 restores i realized that the active autosilent profile had
    Thanks

Default SMS Push Notifications
    ok so the push notifications have not been working on my phone and after a couple frustrating days and about 4 restores i realized that the active autosilent profile had push notifications turned off. so i turned them back on and they were working fine for a day or so but now they are not working again. and the sms tone is also not playing. i had quick reply for sms installed and tried uninstalling it thinkin that was it but they still do not work. i found push fix but it says that you have to uninstall and then reinstall the app with the non-working notifications but i am not sure how you would go about doing that with the sms app. any suggestions? thanks again guys(and girls) in advance.

Green Apple
    Thanks

after you restored it, did you go 4.0? also did you activate with a at&t sim?

Thanks

No i wish i have an iphone 2g so im still running 3.1.3 firmware. and im not sure but i guess it would be considered hactivating? got my phone off ebay and was supposed to be already jailbroken and unlocked. so i went to the nearest t-mobile dealer to get it activated and it was in emergency only mode so i brought it home and unlocked and jailbroke with redsn0w 9.4

Green Apple
    Thanks

First, getting push to work on T-Mo does require tinkering.

Second, SMS and Push are two completely different protocols that have nothing to do with each other.

I'm not sure I understand your problem.. are you saying that you do receive push notifications and SMS but you're not getting an alert?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ct0wn For This Useful Post:

jmunny fo twunny (07-06-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ct0wn View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your problem.. are you saying that you do receive push notifications and SMS but you're not getting an alert?
    yeah i still get the message but i get no alert, no sound plays and half the time there is no badge on the sms icon displaying when i have a text. and this just started out of nowhere one day. they used to work fine the only thing i could think of is that i was using quick reply for sms. sorry I'm bad at explaining things. your help is much needed and appreciated. thanks again everyone

Green Apple
    Thanks

QuickReply seems pretty solid to me, but if you are suspecting a problem with it, you can check with the dev on twitter.. he's pretty good about support.

Gaurav Khanna (gauravk92) on Twitter

I was browsing around on hackint0sh yesterday and I saw a few threads about other users having problems with Push after installing Autosilent. Maybe try temporarily uninstalling it and see if that changes anything?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ct0wn For This Useful Post:

jmunny fo twunny (07-06-2010)

Thanks

yeah i love quick reply. i wasn't sure if it turned off the default alerts or something which wasn't the case because i uninstalled auto silent and that was it. its working fine now. so do i have to choose between autosilent or alerts? or is there a way to fix it. thanks so much dude i been trying to figure this out for like a week you've been a lot of help bro thanks.