+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any computer wont recognize iphone 2g?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi, a friend of mine was sold this iphone 2g with 3.1.3 but it was not jailbroken. we tried to connect it to his windows vista laptop and it did
    iPhone? More like MyPhone schtozo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default any computer wont recognize iphone 2g?
    hi,

a friend of mine was sold this iphone 2g with 3.1.3 but it was not jailbroken. we tried to connect it to his windows vista laptop and it did not recognize it at all, neither computer nor itunes. then we tried with 3 different laptops, macs and windows with no luck at all. we tried different usb cables and ports and nothing happened. the phone charges ok from wall charger. i did a full system reset from iphone itself and it is now on the connect to itunes screen with slide for emergency option and no sim card installed pop up. still cant be recognized. the phone wont go to recovery mode and the forced DFU is not recognizing the phone neither.

help??
    THIS IS AN ADDICTION CALLED IPHONEINE

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Restart the computer, before it boots back up, change the USB port and plug the phone in, then see if the computer picks up the device. Then proceed to put the phone in DFU mode to see if iTunes will pick up the device and request a restore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Restart the computer, before it boots back up, change the USB port and plug the phone in, then see if the computer picks up the device. Then proceed to put the phone in DFU mode to see if iTunes will pick up the device and request a restore.
    no luck...

does the iphone picks up charge from different pins of the dock if placed on wall charger and computer usb? can the iphone dock be damaged?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Your phone is charging thru the wall outlet, yes?

Is it possible for you to get a hold of another iPhone to see if your computer picks it up?

Sounds like hardware problems if iTunes cant detect a DFU mode phone and attempt to restore.

Then again it could be something else...just have to narrow it down to hardware or software first.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 07-04-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Your phone is charging thru the wall outlet, yes?

Is it possible for you to get a hold of another iPhone to see if your computer picks it up?

Sounds like hardware problems if iTunes cant detect a DFU mode phone and attempt to restore.

Then again it could be something else...just have to narrow it down to hardware or software first.
    it is just this phone that is not recognized by any computer but yes it charges from the wall. all my other phones are working perfect.