+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs Spirit jb with 3.13 want to upgrade to os4.0

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
2 Simple questions: (maybe) I upgraded to the new iTunes. I know that if I cared about the jailbreak, I'd leave well enough alone. I've been scared to even plug
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3gs Spirit jb with 3.13 want to upgrade to os4.0
    2 Simple questions: (maybe)

I upgraded to the new iTunes. I know that if I cared about the jailbreak, I'd leave well enough alone. I've been scared to even plug my phone in for a sync because of all the horror stories that I've been reading.

Q#1: can I sync my phone without effing it all up?

Q#2: if I wanted os4 and didn't care about the j/b, could I just do a restore?

Thanks!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes to both questions!

I had the same dilemma with my jb 3.1.3 3gs with not being sure whether or not i can sync it lettleown update it so I grew a pair and connected it to itunes which synced it fine, you just don't see the jb apps in itunes.

When I updated it I made sure i started from scratch so I restored it then was going to update it but after I restored it I didn't get the option to update it just did it automatically and now i'm on BORING os4.

My personal opinion would be to leave it because right now there's no JB for our phones. Just wait another week till os4 gets "spirited" then update and JB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the response!!! I'll give it a shot!