Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g ios4 JB, now green screen

Default 3g ios4 JB, now green screen
    I have 2 3g 16gb both on ios4, both jailbroken, shortly after jb, both phones unresponsive. plug into usb and not recognized at all by pc. the screens light up to a beautiful puke green/yellow. I have tried many things to try to get to dfu mode but no luck...

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

only the 3gs and ipod touch 2g mb model are jailbreakble on spirit... thats probally why. try a diffrent computer. or somethinglike that

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

I have been having the exact same problem, although to a lesser extent. After installing iOS4 on my 3G and jailbreaking it, I have had 2 separate instances where my phone has run out of battery and when I plug it into the wall it shows me the bright lime green screen. I have been able to fix it both times by unplugging the charger from the wall all together and plugging it into a different outlet or my computer. This is, however, extremely worrisome. Any ideas guys??

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieG View Post
    I have been having the exact same problem, although to a lesser extent. After installing iOS4 on my 3G and jailbreaking it, I have had 2 separate instances where my phone has run out of battery and when I plug it into the wall it shows me the bright lime green screen. I have been able to fix it both times by unplugging the charger from the wall all together and plugging it into a different outlet or my computer. This is, however, extremely worrisome. Any ideas guys??
    i had the same issue over the weekend.. different outlet and it worked fine. i think the issue was with the outlet though, as the first one I plugged it into the charger didn't quite fit right.. second outlet i tried was a power strip that didn't have any issues

I have tried several power methods, restart pc, different pc, wall outlet, still nothing.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What did you jailbreak with?

Default :(
    I started up having the same problem only now its much worse.
    it kept on being unrecognized my pc for long but after ALOT of hard restarts it worked.
    I restored an original IOS4 through itunes. it worked perfectly.
    I re JB using the new redsnow 9.5 to see if it will make any diffrenece but again i started having the same problem of unrecognizes by pc and wont charge.
    whe it finally did; i tried restoring an old 3.1.2 FW but it got stuck along the way.
    Now the phone is in recovery mode, it want be recognised by any pc (tried 3) and redsn0w wont get it to DFU ( or atleast its not recognised by pc in DFU) and now i am stuck with nothing.
    if anyone has any idea please help me or elsse i have to rack it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you charge it long enough, you can kick it over to DFU mode after its been charged in the wall for a while. Then you can try to restore again islamsalama