Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone wont turn on or show any signs of life

Default iPhone wont turn on or show any signs of life
    Was using my iPhone the other day and it was 100% perfectly fine, but then when I went to use it about 10 minutes later it was completely dead, no signs of life, no red battery or nothing.
    It was well charged before because I went out somewhere and I charged it.
    I tried DFU and a hard reset but they both failed.
    So I did the apple support thing and they have just sent me the box and I intend on posting it to them today.
    Only problem is that I Jailbroke it with spirit and Im not too sure what will happen - If it wont turn on then how can they know I tampered with the software? It's still under warranty apparently to them.
    Its an iPhone 3gs 16GB running 3.1.3 and JB with spirit.
    Oh and im on iTunes 9.0.3.15 so that wont cause any problems with the Jailbreak.
    Any suggestions on what might happen with apple? Or have you had this before?
    Thanks

bummpy bumpedy bumpedy bump bump
    Last edited by Tommo1; 07-01-2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple will not fix it for you. Jailbreaking VOIDS your contract. So you cannot f*** your iPod after you jailbreak or your screwed. This is the reason why a lot of people don't jailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thenextkiller View Post
    Apple will not fix it for you. Jailbreaking VOIDS your contract. So you cannot f*** your iPod after you jailbreak or your screwed. This is the reason why a lot of people don't jailbreak.
    If he has tried power reset and the iphone does not turn on after that and if itunes does not see the phone then I doubt Apple could tell if the Iphone is jailbroken!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

Tommo1 (07-01-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    If he has tried power reset and the iphone does not turn on after that then I doubt Apple could tell if the Iphone is jailbroken!
    Yes thats exactly what im on about (:

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

They will have their ways, they can probably go into the hardware and find out that the settings have been changed.
    Am firin ma lasah

They will have their ways, they can probably go into the hardware and find out that the settings have been changed.
    Stop being so negative.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Well first of all you think more of Apple employees than I do!

I do not know if you can ssh into a dead phone or not but I don't think a local Apple Store or this mans carrier store which ever he is going to take it to has the ability to do this! I would say that Apple designers and engineers might be able to do this by taking the phone aparts and piggybacking chip clips and read some of the chips but this is just a 3gs phone!

With all the problems with the Iphone 4 is causing when he brings a 3gs in for warranty they are going to try to power on the phone and when it does not then they will connect it to there computer and open Itunes and try to restore it!

Then they are going to give him another phone and probaility kiss him as that will be the easiest warrany they would have that day, hopefully with the exception of being easy to kiss him, I sure hope he is not ***! The non working phones will be put in a box full of broken iphones it will be sent back to Apple and they will send them out to an Electronic Repair Co that they have a contract with to repair there broken iphones! I am going to say that 3 out of 5 iphones are repaired and the other two are destroyed!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

Tommo1 (07-01-2010)

fair play mate (: