Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked?

Default Bricked?
    iPhone started acting funny today after installing a few new apps from Cydia. Home button now turns off phone. Won't back up or restore in iTunes.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you install Activator? I read someone having massive problems with that. The fact that your phone turns on from the home button is what leads me to believe this.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

I have never had any problem with Activator. The home button is reseting the phone, not turning it on. For instance, if I am reading my email, I hit the home button and the phone goes to lock screen after freezing.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunnin_for_you View Post
    I have never had any problem with Activator. The home button is reseting the phone, not turning it on. For instance, if I am reading my email, I hit the home button and the phone goes to lock screen after freezing.
    The reason I said activator is that it's the only app I can think of, that "re-directs" buttons and various other actions. Try uninstalling it and see if the problem persists.

I know it's not supposed to mess up, but there was another user that had her phone shut off when it was shaken, or something like that, and had found the problem to be caused by activator.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Worth a try. This all started after installing quick widgets. But even after un-installing that, the problem persists.

I also think its odd that I can't back up. I was so mad that I even tried to upgrade to 4.0, and it won't do that.

Doesn't sound good...