+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 3.1.3 stuck on apple logo after i used spirit - Can't restore to 3.1.3 o jailbreak

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi i have the 3.1.3 3gs old bootrom and i use Spirit to unlock it it was fine but i wanted to delete all content and settings and it got
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry 3GS 3.1.3 stuck on apple logo after i used spirit - Can't restore to 3.1.3 o jailbreak
    Hi i have the 3.1.3 3gs old bootrom and i use Spirit to unlock it it was fine but i wanted to delete all content and settings and it got stuck on apple logo. I tried to restore to 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 tried redsnow, snowbreeze and it gives me error 3194 or 1604. I know IREB does not work for 3gs. Please help. I dont want to update and restore to 4.0 i won't be able to unlock it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iReb DOES work for 'kicking' iPhone 3G[S] out of recovery loop.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok i was having the same problem ireb iis not good for 3gs. use RecBoot v1.0.1 works for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patato22 View Post
    Ok i was having the same problem ireb iis not good for 3gs. use RecBoot v1.0.1 works for me
    iReb DOES Work with 3G[S] (For this function) but not with itunes 9.2
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nothing
    How did you do it with the recboot? When do i use it. I use it nothing happened still stuck @ apple logo. My version 3.1.3 i dont want to restore to 4.0 how can i do this please help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

did u use the "recboot exit only" app? There are two apps in the file when u download the version

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Got it
    I tried all nothing worked. What i did i took my phone to apple and told them i clicked to reset settings and content and it got stuck on the apple logo and that i wanted to the same version that i had 3.1.3 so since they couldn't restore it they replaced me with a brand new 3gs 3.1.3 fo free

Green Apple
    Thanks
    seems like there are alot of problems from screwing with the new firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patato22 View Post
    yo man i really need help ok let me just explain the situation to you and hopefully you can tell me what to do because i know some about ipods and jailbreaking but im just flippin out and dont know what to do. ok so this same thing happened to both my ipods (3.12)jailbroken with spirit i was having wifi problems so i decided to restore both of them and theyre both stuck on the apple logo and wont go out of that loop. the computer doesnt recognize them. help please? (i im'd you on yahoo too)[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markholdaway123 View Post
    yo man i really need help ok let me just explain the situation to you and hopefully you can tell me what to do because i know some about ipods and jailbreaking but im just flippin out and dont know what to do. ok so this same thing happened to both my ipods (3.12)jailbroken with spirit i was having wifi problems so i decided to restore both of them and theyre both stuck on the apple logo and wont go out of that loop. the computer doesnt recognize them. help please? (i im'd you on yahoo too)[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Disconnect the device from the PC, Hold the HOME BUTTON + POWER BUTTON simultaneously and continuously until the screen goes blank. Then, Hold the HOME Button only, and connect to the PC WHILE HOLDING! the Home Button, and keep holding it, until you get the connect to iTunes Logo, then you can only restore it.
    Good luck,

Press Thanks! If I Helped.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok thanks. part of it work. i got the "connect to itunes" screen on my ipod and the computer recognized that it was plugged in. when i clicked restore then restore and update it went through the whole process of "extracting software..." then it started "verifying iPod restore with Apple..." then it stoped and said "the ipod "ipod" could not be restored. the device isn't eligible for the requested build."...... ok anything else i can do from there? possibly putting on another jailbreak somehow from there or something? please help. thanks for getting me this far so far.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes thankyou everyone has a problem solver but no one says anything if you cant restore i very savvy with this stuff but i put it into DFU but when i restore i get error...mark i think we are **** out of luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately, Apple has stopped signing firmware restores that are under iOS4. This is why you are getting this error. This means that no matter how hard you try, if you didn't save your shsh blobs, you are out of luck until an ios4 jailbraek comes out. If I were you, I would just sit back and wait patiently for a new jailbreak. I had the same problem, and still had no solution after hours of research.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!