+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!, mms or data is not working...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all, i wasnt sure where to post this so if this is in the wrong place forgive me....ive also read somethings on how to fix this problem but am
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help!, mms or data is not working...
    Hello all,
    i wasnt sure where to post this so if this is in the wrong place forgive me....ive also read somethings on how to fix this problem but am so lost....I recently updated my jailbroken 3g 3.1.3 to the ios4 and used redsnow to jailbreak that...everything was working fine until i reset my phone settings and after that i lost all 3g data coverage and my mms looks like it was never there (no camera icon, options to send media, etc.) I'm in need of desperate help.....also my only concern is my text messages, if i had to start as a new phone is there some way i can ssh my old text messages into a resoted phone?

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have the same problem mate..but i have an iPhone 4.

So far i have been unable to use mms, facetime (no options), 3g, even edge.

The only way to fix it is to restore as a new iPhone, and you WILL lose everything from the phone (app data, sms database etc). But as you are jailbroken already, look into "Chronus" from Cydia - this backs up your app data and SMS so you can SSH into the phone to retrieve. Then restore, rejailbreak, and put the files back!

Unfortunately i dont have this option, as the iPhone 4 is currently not jailbroken.......