Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS and T-Mobile and iTunes

Default iPhone 3GS and T-Mobile and iTunes
    Okay, I've read through a lot of threads and a lot of people are having the same problem but I haven't heard anyone with my specific problem so I hope this doesn't look too much like a re-post but it sort of is.

I just got a 3GS from my boss. I have a T-Mobile SIM card and he took the at&t card that was in it. I have done the jail break but I cannot get it to sync with iTunes because it says the SIM I am trying to activate is no good due to carrier???

I tried restoring back to FW 3.0 as someone suggested in another thread, but Apple wont sign it anymore.

Any suggestions.

Basically I cannot get past the Sync Screen on the iPhone with the picture of the USB. But it looks like I can make emergency calls.

How do I do a "tethered" boot?

bump

Apparently I have new boot rom too

bump
    Last edited by refryguy; 06-29-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If you have a new(er) bootrom you can't unlock yet. Download a program called f0recast. Plug you phone in and run the program. Post what it says here.

I get an error message saying the mobile device must be running...but it is on and plugged in.

Okay I finally got FOrecast to work.

Serial #8894388L3NR
    Baseband: 05.13.04
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MC137

Jailbreakable?: (Blank)
    Unlockable: NO
    Tethered?: Maybe - Depends if Refurbished (Whic its not)

So I take it I'm screwed?
    Last edited by refryguy; 06-29-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yup, you're screwed until a new unlock comes out. Not sure when that will be.

What if I could get my hands on an old blank AT&T 3G sim card? Could I do it without having an AT&T service plan?

Is there any way to do it with the hardware instead of software?
    Last edited by refryguy; 06-29-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yup, just throw a ATT sim card in there, and plug it into itunes.

Depending on your version, you can use spirit (if your on 3.1.3)

Then unlock with ultrasn0w
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!