Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DisplayController

Default DisplayController
    I was going through Preferences.app today and I noticed an entry for something called DisplayController. I know I didn't put it there and it has no entry in Cydia so I'm confused as to how it got there and what it's for. I can only assume something I installed recently put it there but I can't figure out what... anyone know about this?

Also is MMi's search function broken? I've been trying to search for info on DisplayController on here for hours but the search just keeps hanging.

thanks!

It got installed with Circuituous, but when I uninstalled it DC was still there

Thanks for your response however I have never installed Circuitous.. so I'm still stumped.

BTW site search still isn't working for me here. Browser just hangs at "Waiting for d1.openx.org".. is that one of your ad servers?

----------------------

Ok, had some free time (ha) and did some digging and answered my own question. The actual name of the package is com.zimm.libdisplaystack which wasn't totally obvious to me. I usually watch Cydia closely when installing new stuff for dependencies..why? So I can get rid of the unnecessary packages installed as dependencies if I don't end up keeping the original package I was installing.

Anyway in my case LockInfo had called on this package as a dependency. Now I'm off to PreferenceLoader to kill that plist as my Settings.app is cluttered enough as it is.
    Last edited by ct0wn; 06-29-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost