+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 becomes hot

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I realize that it will become warm after some usage. But, it gets to be like 100+ degrees. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, I don't
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 4 becomes hot
    I realize that it will become warm after some usage. But, it gets to be like 100+ degrees. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, I don't even know if it is a problem, or if it is just the way it is. I was just wondering is anyone else's phone doing this? Did you contact apple? What did they say?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

100 +? did you measure it with a thermometer? That seems pretty hot. I expect the iPhone 4 will be hotter than a 3GS because the CPU is touching the steel frame which is part of the outside antennas.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xadamx1 View Post
    I realize that it will become warm after some usage. But, it gets to be like 100+ degrees. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, I don't even know if it is a problem, or if it is just the way it is. I was just wondering is anyone else's phone doing this? Did you contact apple? What did they say?
    I was having this same problem. After normal use (mainly being on safari), it got very hot, especially the right side. This was when I was in a car and the sun was hitting it so that may have been the reason too.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah I measured it lol. But no this is inside my house. Very cool, not hot not at all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone 4 does not get all that hot. It gets warm but not to the point of the heat being a problem

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

Thanks

I had the same problem. Also have you noticed your battery life being short? When I took my i4 in today for a exchange I told the guy that the i4 was overheating and that my battery life sucked. I even to snap shots of the usage time and battery percentage. But anyway he told me that the had to test the i4. When he came back he told me that everything was OK so I asked him to do some stuff like surface the web, text, and take a quick video and at about a minute in to said I'll be right back. He came out with a new i4 not in a retail box but the ones that use for shipping back the defective iPhone's. But anyway ya I would say your i4 is defective. The replacement that I have now doesn't get anywhere near as hot as my other i4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Soon Apple will release a fan you have to buy to cool it down to go with the Bumper that fixes the reception. :P