+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - No SIM from time to time, any ideas?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This actually relates to my girlfriend's phone... thankfully mine has worked without issue since I got it. Twice that I know of, the phone has just lost the signal. Once
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 - No SIM from time to time, any ideas?
    This actually relates to my girlfriend's phone... thankfully mine has worked without issue since I got it.

Twice that I know of, the phone has just lost the signal. Once it said "No Service" until I rebooted it, in which case it resumed as full signal (we live in a 3G area with full bars almost everywhere). Then today, she informs me that it said "No SIM" until she rebooted it, which corrected the problem.

She has an iP4 16GB with a Zagg shield and iFrogz one piece case (this one). I'm not sure if any of that matters. I also have a Zagg shield and a Belkin case which has caused no problems.

What could be causing this? Anyone else experiencing this? I'll probably go swap it but we're about to leave for vacation and that means I'll be stuck picking up a Zagg shield from BestBuy at $30... so I'd rather avoid that if it is something simple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My wife's was saying "No Sim" periodically throughout the day. A reboot, airplane mode, or popping SIM in/out would temporarily fix, but nor for long.

She took hers to the Genius Bar and walked out with a new one in hand. Of course they were sold out, but had some on hand for hardware exchanges.

Last edited by wvcachi; 01-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wvcachi View Post
    My wife's was saying "No Sim" periodically throughout the day. A reboot, airplane mode, or popping SIM in/out would temporarily fix, but nor for long.

She took hers to the Genius Bar and walked out with a new one in hand. Of course they were sold out, but had some on hand for hardware exchanges.
    Is AT&T also keeping some on hand for issues? The nearest Apple store is a 2 hour drive. Any idea if they'll credit me $30 for the non-removable skin?

Thanks

As far as AT&T, I'd say hell no. I'm generalizing, but just going off of past experience, I'd say you'll be MUUUCH better off dealing directly with Apple. If you can't go to an Apple Store, I'd still prefer calling them over seeing AT&T in person.

Personally though, I'd be thinking about taking a road trip.

... Oh, and you can ask about the skin reimbursement, but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe try to get a free bumper or something?

Of course your experience with Genius Bar could be completely different, but they really hooked us up.
    Last edited by wvcachi; 06-28-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wvcachi For This Useful Post:

z6joker9 (06-28-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wvcachi View Post
    As far as AT&T, I'd say hell no. I'm generalizing, but just going off of past experience, I'd say you'll be MUUUCH better off dealing directly with Apple. If you can't go to an Apple Store, I'd still prefer calling them over seeing AT&T in person.

Personally though, I'd be thinking about taking a road trip.

... Oh, and you can ask about the skin reimbursement, but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe try to get a free bumper or something?

Of course your experience with Genius Bar could be completely different, but they really hooked us up.
    Thanks, I'll check with my local AT&T store (they are near my house and have been pretty friendly so far) and if not, I could give it a few days and just drop by an Apple store somewhere along my vacation route.

Thanks

Yeah, that makes sense - good luck!