+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Proximity Sensor Problems - How Many People?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've got a case on my iPhone 4, so I'm not experiencing the antenna issue, and I was also spared the yellow splotches on the screen. But one thing my
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Proximity Sensor Problems - How Many People?
    I've got a case on my iPhone 4, so I'm not experiencing the antenna issue, and I was also spared the yellow splotches on the screen. But one thing my wife and I are experiencing are proximity sensor issues, where the touch screen will just randomly turn on while you're in the middle of a phone call, usually leading to me pressing the mute button with my cheek.

Anybody else experiencing this with any regularity? I'm sincerely hoping that like the antenna, this may be able to be solved with a software update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, mines has been doing that since day one. They should of kept the sensor in the same spot as previous iPhones, but thy moved it right above the earpiece.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My phone was doing this. But, I went into settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings. I don't know why, but that fixed it for me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My GF was having problems with the sensor on hers as well, but it was due to the big leather case. Switching to a more minimalistic case fixed that problem.

Thanks

i had the same issue but my screen just stayed black even after i pulled it away from my face. I hit reset all settings and works perfect now