+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contact photos when making/receiving calls.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have searched google and different forums for this question but it seems like it's not the answer I'm looking for but anyway, I set my contact photos from the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Contact photos when making/receiving calls.
    I have searched google and different forums for this question but it seems like it's not the answer I'm looking for but anyway, I set my contact photos from the iPhone itself so when I make or recieve a call, the photos are full screen but my problem is it keeps going back to the small icon after I set it. It's really pissing me off!

Anyone know what's going on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has the contact's picture's been full screen before and then for some reason they switched to the small thumbnails or has it always just went to the thumbnails when you make or receive calls?

Thanks

It will do that if you sync with gmail or outlook (maybe others) and they are over writing them on the phone especially if you edit the contact on the computer and then re-sync them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They were all full screen before and for some reason it switches back to the small icons. I'll go ahead re-set the pics from my photos, make a call and it'll be fullscreen and then if I get a call, it shows up as the small icons- after a couple of hours! And I don't sync the contacts from the computer.

Thanks
    I had this happen to me back when the first iPhone 2g's came out, what I found was (you may know already) if you set the pics from the contact page they show up small in the right upper corner and if you set the pics from photos like you did they show up full screen. Now my problem showed up when I found this out, I went back and reset the pics from the photo app. without removing them first. If you didn't delete the photo first before reseting them,try that. It worked for me. In my case,it seemed like by changing the same pics like I did I had over laped two actions associated with the same file and it would default to the first action,if that makes since. maybe a glitch,I dont know. Hope this helps.