+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 case...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
What case did you buy for your iPhone 4? If any... I bought the Belkin "Grip Vue". I had a screen protector on the phone but decided that the i4
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 case...
    What case did you buy for your iPhone 4? If any...

I bought the Belkin "Grip Vue". I had a screen protector on the phone but decided that the i4 screen was too nice and would just go without.

This case looks nice on the phone and takes away the reception issue for the time being. I'm not usually a case user and was a big fan of the "jackets" for the 3G and 3Gs.

With that being said, this new iPhone does not look like it can take a fall like it's predecessors.

This case is a very thick rubber that isn't sticky or too rubbery. If your looking for a case for the i4 and don't want to sacrifice too much of the new look, then I recommend getting this case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iphone 4 case...-camera-094.jpg   Iphone 4 case...-camera-095.jpg   Iphone 4 case...-camera-096.jpg   Iphone 4 case...-camera-099.jpg  
    Last edited by Turnamental; 06-27-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is the same case I got. It made my pictures have a reflection when I used it with the flash.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks

Just curios before you took your shield off, did the case fit with it on underneath?

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

i like it it covers all it looks safe but like you said it takes the sexy out of the i4 back glass...i will be getting the apple bumpers they look sick...
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the same case that I purchased for my iPhone 4 and I love it.... the slot for the silent button makes it a bit difficult to get to as well as the case makes it hard to press the buttons but it has loosened up a little bit as far as the buttons are concerned. And to bobright, I had put a screen protector on my screen and when I put the case on, the case pulled the screen protector off of the screen due to the edges fold over the screen a bit. Of all the cases that are out so far for the iPhone via retailers (brick and mortar stores, not internet) this is by far the best case available if your looking to put a case on your shiny new iPhone 4, it also helped alleviate the Signal loss issue I had experienced when I first got my iPhone 4.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I had mine one with front and back zaggs. Didn't peel up my screen protector.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have this same case and it is completely stupid. The picture on BestBuy's website made it look clear on the back, but it's actually frosted. (judge for yourself)

The buttons are difficult to push. Period. Turning off your device takes several tries. The vibrate switch is difficult to reach.

It does fit with a Zagg Invisible Shield on (max coverage version). I have one on it. So does the 1 piece iFrogz case that BestBuy sells. The two piece that snaps together with the button in the middle of the back did not want to go on without peeling the skin off.

BestBuy sold a bumper look-alike that also had a clear back to it. Probably a better choice. I have a bumper on it's way so I'm just using this POS until it comes in. The bumper apparently works well with the existing buttons.

I didn't mean to be so hard on this... it does actually feel good and of high quality, and I've seen *much* worse quality covers for the 3G, but the buttons being difficult to use is inexcusable.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 06-28-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's a man case. You gotta be strong to use it lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

Wilbourn (06-28-2010)

Thanks

Solid info, also on what cases work and dont with shields right on.

@joker do u have a link to that frogz 1 piece case you said works w/ a shield? i couldnt find it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stash459 View Post
    i like it it covers all it looks safe but like you said it takes the sexy out of the i4 back glass...i will be getting the apple bumpers they look sick...
    I have a bumper on mine, and it's about 100x better than I thought it would be.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    @joker do u have a link to that frogz 1 piece case you said works w/ a shield? i couldnt find it.
    iFrogz - Case For Apple iPhone 4 - Green - IP4LL-GRN

This is what my gf has on hers with a max coverage Zagg. It is tight but it fit. Be careful as it tries to clip in a way that can peel the screen cover. Let the skin dry at least a day will help to make sure the moisture won't let the skin slip. Clip the side with the buttons first, also, and it is easier to get on.

I'm actually impressed with how exact these case companies are becoming. They used to be absolute crap which is why I never used them (skin only), but these are big improvements over 2G and early 3G cases. Unfortunately this lack of play makes it more difficult to install their case over a skin!