Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone 3g Speed On IOS4

Default IPhone 3g Speed On IOS4
    Please guyz who updated there 3g to IOS 4 post their experiences related to speed, multitasking and new features...

anyone...
    Last edited by dc3; 06-28-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Extremely slow. No MMS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dc3 View Post
    Please guyz who updated there 3g to IOS 4 post their experiences related to speed, multitasking and new features...

anyone...
    Mine is slow too. My springboard isn't very stable either. Thinking of going back to 3.1.3 but am still experimenting with settings and Cydia apps.

Wessy

iPhone 3G stinks with iOS 4. Super slow.

If you don't reboot the phone everyday it just quits. Best bet is to not enable multitasking or wallpaper. I used backgrounder and it worked much better.

my multitasking on my 3g works sooooo welll..it actually keeps my memory at around 30mb...compared to using backgrounder and multifl0w or something like that where i averaged 5mb of memory on 3.1.3 i saw a dramatic speed increase when switching to 4.0 on my 3g. the multitasking actually restores some of your memory even while it is still multitasking..apple owned the multitasking and as long as you have less that 8 apps multitasking it should run fine

Green Apple
    Thanks

My multitasking never has worked although it might have before I jailbroke with Redsn0w but not sure. I noticed I have "Activator" in the settings so I played around with that but still can't get it to work. Should I reinstall OS and rejailbreak?

Wessy

I upgraded from 3.1.2 to 4.0 the other day. First I noticed that the speed was slow, so when I rejailbroke it (due to the MMS problem, I used an earlier version of redsn0w), I chose NOT to enable multitasking. Instead, I use backgrounder and choose which programs continue to run.

I have MMS working perfectly, wifi works fine, and it's like having my old 3.1 but with new features. And speed is definitely faster.

Quote Originally Posted by coqui258 View Post
    I upgraded from 3.1.2 to 4.0 the other day. First I noticed that the speed was slow, so when I rejailbroke it (due to the MMS problem, I used an earlier version of redsn0w), I chose NOT to enable multitasking. Instead, I use backgrounder and choose which programs continue to run.

I have MMS working perfectly, wifi works fine, and it's like having my old 3.1 but with new features. And speed is definitely faster.
    im thinking bout removing the multitasking and wallpaper from 3g anyways wont use wallpapers since i rather use themes hopefully runs faster because i dont like 4.0 multitasking does backgrounder run better?
    Last edited by s1l3nt; 06-28-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Default Under no circumstances upgrade!!
    The memory support of the 3G just isnt capible...i would say 1 to 2 people out of every 10 restore and they're phones are faster on ios4. They say a fix to the slowness is to do a reset on a first 1 or 2 times. Alot of people find success with this method but im just not one of them i'm downgrading today.

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    im thinking bout removing the multitasking and wallpaper from 3g anyways wont use wallpapers since i rather use themes hopefully runs faster because i dont like 4.0 multitasking does backgrounder run better?
    sry buddy i did so and nothing...it don't see a different time to downgrade!!
    Last edited by TrumpetKid_93; 07-02-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

The 3G is extremely slow with iOS4 on it.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB