+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I Use My iphone like a touch?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i just got a free iphone 4 from my friend it was buy one get on half price at some store. now the question is i don't have at&t nor
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Can I Use My iphone like a touch?
    i just got a free iphone 4 from my friend it was buy one get on half price at some store. now the question is i don't have at&t nor do i want to or be connected to any network. i just want to use it like my touch and finally get rid of it. can i do that or i have to be connected to some cell phone provider? thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i'll let you know, after you tell me what store offers a buy one get one half off on an iPhone 4.

aka sounds like a buy one grab one type deal...

I'm just saying, i sold my extra preordered iphone for over 1100$ on ebay, a buy one half off deal would be insane
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 06-27-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks
    As long as the phone has been activated first you can take the simcard out and use just like an iPod touch. However if you ever have to restore the phone you will need and official AT&T sim to re activate again then remove the sim.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    i'll let you know, after you tell me what store offers a buy one get one half off on an iPhone 4.

aka sounds like a buy one grab one type deal...

I'm just saying, i sold my extra preordered iphone for over 1100$ on ebay, a buy one half off deal would be insane
    he works for at&t really up the ladder. so they have that deal only for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hellrazor35 View Post
    As long as the phone has been activated first you can take the simcard out and use just like an iPod touch. However if you ever have to restore the phone you will need and official AT&T sim to re activate again then remove the sim.
    it not activated. can i just take a sim card from one of my friends other phones to activate it and i thought the new phone dont have a sim card slot. also will will it affect their plan and charge them for the iphone plan.
    Last edited by lilrican21; 06-27-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilrican21 View Post
    he works for at&t really up the ladder. so they have that deal only for them.

it not activated. can i just take a sim card from one of my friends other phones to activate it and i thought the new phone dont have a sim card slot. also will will it affect their plan and charge them for the iphone plan.
    ooo okay i hear ya

no there is still a sim slot, its just a new micro sim...

Your best bet would be to borrow your friends micro sim for a minute, activate it on your computer, then give him back his chip. As long as hes an iPhone customer, nothing will change on his account
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

ok! can take sim from the 3gs to activate it to make work for the new one?
    Last edited by lilrican21; 06-27-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yeah, but you'd need to cut it up into a micro sim

Thanks

oh ok. let ask you something what about the ones on ebay that's says unlocked what does that mean?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

unlocked iPhone 4? probably unlocked from another country, in other countries you can just pay 20$'s to have your iPhone officially unlocked.

Thanks

oh ok so i still have to activate it on itunes with a sim card?