+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I Jailbreak My iPhone 2G to iOS4?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I got an iphone 2G running 3.1.2. Is it possible to jailbreak my 2G phone to iOS4? .
    iPhone? More like MyPhone koolx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Can I Jailbreak My iPhone 2G to iOS4?
    I got an iphone 2G running 3.1.2. Is it possible to jailbreak my 2G phone to iOS4?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Simple answer: No.

Long answer: iOS4 won't ever be released for the iPhone 2G officially, you'll have to wait for a port to come out.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Even if it does...it's gonna be hella slow, especially if you want new things like multitasking...it's time to upgrade for us 2G peoples...

Thanks

MMI really needs to make members accept a contract that says they will search before posting. or come up with a program that stops the same or similair threads from being posted kinda like what craigslist does to prevent spamming. theres an idea for the mods.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1
    man i wish we could just download the jailbreak from safari just like back in the day.

update: comex has answered my wish.

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    AMD Phenom Quad-core 3.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 260 core 216 processors
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    150GB Raptor X(has window to see disc)
    500GB WD HD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by safinator View Post
    MMI really needs to make members accept a contract that says they will search before posting. or come up with a program that stops the same or similair threads from being posted kinda like what craigslist does to prevent spamming. theres an idea for the mods.
    Well since you came up with that idea, why dont you warn everyone from doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Even if it does...it's gonna be hella slow, especially if you want new things like multitasking...it's time to upgrade for us 2G peoples...
    Why would iOS4 make multitasking on the iphone 2G slow? That desnt make sense since you got apps like 'pro switcher' that multitasks on it quickly without slowness.

Last edited by koolx; 06-28-2010 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

did you not see the sticky that says "read this before you post"? its got a wealth of info for newer users. being here since january you should know better.

Apples multitasking takes up alittle more processing power than jailbroken multitasking apps. it takes more processing power than the phone can handle. so unless you want the time it takes for edge to open up a website to be the time it takes for you to open your sms app, then id forget about apples multitasking on the 2G.

I would know this because the 2G was the first iPhone I ever got and i had it for nearly 2 years then went to a 3GS. Ive used all those processer intensive apps on it so i know how slow it is. it crashed alot when using a jailbroken multitasker with witha few apps running at the same time.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1
    man i wish we could just download the jailbreak from safari just like back in the day.

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    500GB WD HD

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

did you not see the sticky that says "read this before you post"? its got a wealth of info for newer users. being here since january you should know better.
    Seriously, do you see how many stickies are in every single forum here? Look how many are outdated or outright wrong now. No way I'm going through all that crap before I ask a question. Sure, a simple search is no problem, but again, nobody wants to read through a bunch of junk to try to find the answer that may or may not still be accurate... so if the search query doesn't return a relevant, easy to understand and recent answer, I'd rather just ask a quick question and get a quick answer. Why does it bother you so much? As long as the OP is making the title descriptive, you know which ones you can safely ignore, rather than wasting your and everyone else's time posting unhelpful garbage.

Thanks

Its not the posts that are wasting space, its the threads. Are you a complainer like that guy on the bing commercial "Los Links" is it that hard to find a result? i read in 3 other threads about this same question. take some adderal, sit your *** down and be patient, you'll find the answer. most of the time if you hurry, youll have a bigger chance of getting an error. Your just being lazy.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    500GB WD HD

Thanks
    Its not the posts that are wasting space, its the threads. Are you a complainer like that guy on the bing commercial "Los Links" is it that hard to find a result? i read in 3 other threads about this same question. take some adderal, sit your *** down and be patient, you'll find the answer. most of the time if you hurry, youll have a bigger chance of getting an error. Your just being lazy.
    I strongly suggest that you read z6joker9's post. If you dont like threads like mine that dont meet your posting standards, then dont comment on it like you did mine. Like z6joker9, I'm not going to read through a crap bunch of stickies when I dont have the time. And its got NOTHING to do with complaining. It looks like you wont make a good mod. You should know better.

Thanks

Stickies like "read this before posting" or "solutions to common jailbreaking problems" are quite important wouldnt ya think? and are usually updated alot because solutions are added to the list as they become available.

The news articles that featured the pwnagetool and snowbreeze jailbreaks on the front page both have the answer to your question.

Apple.com gives you your answer too.

so does plugging your phone into itunes.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    500GB WD HD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Stickies like "read this before posting" or "solutions to common jailbreaking problems" are quite important wouldnt ya think? and are usually updated alot because solutions are added to the list as they become available.

The news articles that featured the pwnagetool and snowbreeze jailbreaks on the front page both have the answer to your question.

Apple.com gives you your answer too.

so does plugging your phone into itunes.
    I'm sorry, but do you really think your helping? You are a complainer that's complaining about complainers. Your asinine posts have distracted me to a point to where I felt a need to respond to YOU. This thread was bad but it got 1000% worse when you decided to open your mouth. Thanks...
    Last edited by thablewprnt; 06-29-2010 at 11:56 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No, I don't think so. I hate stickies. They are pointless and they take up space, like you claim threads are (ie the reason forums exist).

Like you said, "usually updated alot". How do I or anyone else know if what is posted there is updated to now, and where in the thread do I find it? How do I know if the similar thread with no posts since last week that I found in search is up to date? If I wanted a wiki or an instructional blog, I'd go get my info from one. I'm on a message board to post questions I have and answer questions other people have. Why are you here?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post
    I'm sorry, but do you really think your helping? You are a complainer that's complaining about complainers. Your asinine posts have distracted me to a point to where I felt a need to respond to YOU. This thread was bad but it got 1000% worse when you decided to open your mouth. Thanks...
    Actually, I am helping cuz my opinion is supported by others and it can help streamline browsing on the forum.

I'm not a complainer, I'm only reacting. theres a difference. If you were smart (mind you, I said IF), you'd note that I posted an enquiry to my thread, not a complaint. The only one complaining on my thread, other than you now, is safinator. And since you admit that my post distracted you from posting, I suggest you get mental help, since this is a trait complainers and sensitive people possess. How can you be so weak to let a thread distract you? This thread was great until you came in here and made it worse with your ignorant as's comment. Be positive for once. If my thread is that "bad", why did you comment on it? If you dont like it, DONT comment on it. And if youre that sensitive, get some mental help! Thanks.

Last edited by koolx; 06-30-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Thanks

This thread was never great, it was just a question that was already answered in another thread. part of its common sense too.

I did provide info that was relevant to the question asked at the beginning but yu guys are just bent on telling me why stickies are so bad.

whats your prejudice against stickies? all they do is provide useful information. even if the info is a little outdated.

to see if its updated, you look at the date from the last person who posted. which is on the right side next to where it says #of replies.

just keep rollin out excuses as to why you wont just simply read. I mean seriously, is it gonna kill you to gain more knowledge by reading? you must be one of those kids who'd rather look at a picture book than read a novel. Do I have to draw you a crayon picture as to why reading stickies and searching before posting is important?

being up at 3:55 a.m. you must really care about this.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    500GB WD HD

Thanks
    This thread was never great, it was just a question that was already answered in another thread. part of its common sense too.

I did provide info that was relevant to the question asked at the beginning but yu guys are just bent on telling me why stickies are so bad.

whats your prejudice against stickies? all they do is provide useful information. even if the info is a little outdated.

to see if its updated, you look at the date from the last person who posted. which is on the right side next to where it says #of replies.

just keep rollin out excuses as to why you wont just simply read. I mean seriously, is it gonna kill you to gain more knowledge by reading? you must be one of those kids who'd rather look at a picture book than read a novel. Do I have to draw you a crayon picture as to why reading stickies and searching before posting is important?

safinator isnt considered intelligent. he doesnt take the time to help others, all he does is complain.

we told you why stickies are bad but you insist that they arent. its our opinion.

why are you biased against people who dont like stickies? they just bother us, thats all.

just keep spewing hate and wonder why some of us dont simply agree with you. i mean seriously, is it going to kill you if someone posts a simple thread without reading a sticky? you must be one of those kids that bullys mustve had fun with after science class. do I have to make you into a real man to ensure that you dont act so immature about a sticky?

being concerned about what time another man posted his thread, tells me you need to stop fantasizing about him.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to chill!

Yes the thread starter should have use the search, but did you ever think he is a noob?

His question was answered early in this thread and should have been over but because of you it has escalated to a war and unnessasary wasted bandwith!

Give him a break! Be nice!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    You need to chill!

Yes the thread starter should have use the search, but did you ever think he is a noob?

His question was answered early in this thread and should have been over but because of you it has escalated to a war and unnessasary wasted bandwith!

Give him a break! Be nice!
    I agree with area51crypto. And although area51crypto sounds like hes a noob, did you consider that maybe hes also in agreement with everyone here concerning stickies? And yes, maybe area51crypto may be stubborn, but thats because he agrees with us concerning the annoyance of stickies.

This thread couldve ended earlier than expected. but because of your on going war with stickies, you escalated this thread even further unnecessarily.

Stop this obsession with stickies already!

Thanks

sorry it took me so long to get back to ya, i was busy not giving a s**t at my lakehouse over the 4th.

I actually did give some advice at the beginning of this thread, why do you keep saying that i didnt?

the only people that had their way with me after class were girls on the soccer team. that was back in high school. im in college now so now its the sorority girls that i go for/go for me now. go ahead and assume more s**t, I know whats true and thats all that matters.

your the one who keeps saying stupid stuff, and making up stuff about my personal life. im not a bi**h, i dont let people walk all over me. I can argue none other. so when you stop making up stuff about me and get a life. then i will cease to reply back.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    500GB WD HD

Thanks
    sorry it took me so long to get back to ya, i was busy not giving a s**t at my lakehouse over the 4th.

I actually did give some advice at the beginning of this thread, why do you keep saying that i didnt?

the only people that had their way with me after class were girls on the soccer team. that was back in high school. im in college now so now its the sorority girls that i go for/go for me now. go ahead and assume more s**t, I know whats true and thats all that matters.

your the one who keeps saying stupid stuff, and making up stuff about my personal life. im not a bi**h, i dont let people walk all over me. I can argue none other. so when you stop making up stuff about me and get a life. then i will cease to reply back.
    When you finally become a real man, then talk to me.. otherwise, youre still a little bi't'ch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Loose App Support?
    I already know the iPhone 2G right now can't take iOS4, thought what about Apps?

On my iPhone 3G, I've already noticed it getting App Updates that the 2G phone isn't seeing and iTunes says a message like "Can't upload this app, too old of firmware". (Obviously not 100% quoted).

So will my 2G apps be stuck at a certain version and I will loose any new features added in new apps?

Also, I seen the hacked 3.1.3 that claims it makes your system version 4.0, so would this trick newer apps to actually let you to i9nstall and if they do, would they work basically flawlessly or be "half-***"?

I have a feeling Apple wants me to junk my 2G, but it still works, so I don't see why I should junk it, makes a good iPod Touch kinda thing.