Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about teathering

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about teathering
    Hello I'm not sure if this is posted in the right forum. Like a idiot I updated from 3.1.3 to 4.0. I can't downgrade back to 3.1.3 I have had help in other post's on downgrading but I am not having luck.

My question is under setting, network there is a set up internet tethering. The main reason I have my phone jailbroke is for mywi. Has anybody tethered this way and is it any good? I am thinking about using it this way until I can get 4.0 jailbroke.

Thanks Mike

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I haven't used it this way, but I know that it will only be through Bluetooth/USB (unlike mywi, which also broadcasts wifi). Also, you have to pay an extra $20 (I think)/month JUST for the privilege of tethering. If you were a previous AT&T customer who had an unlimited data plan "grandfathered" into the new contract, I'm pretty sure you can only tether if you agree to the new 2GB data cap.

It is very good.but some times getting it to start you of to use the fix button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I am grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan. There's no way I would do anything that would make me go to the 2GB data plan. That is useless lol.