Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is An Antenna Fix Just Around The Corner With iOS 4.01?

Default Is An Antenna Fix Just Around The Corner With iOS 4.01?
    AppleInsider is reporting a rumor that Apple is pushing through an iOS update at full speed, which will hopefully fix the reception issue that comes from holding the iPhone in the wrong way. The fix would arrive early next week (maybe as soon as Monday) in the form of iOS 4.01, as was discussed in a now deleted thread on the Apple support forums. So how is this going to fix what appears to be a hardware issue?

The fix is expected to address a issue in iOS 4 related to radio frequency calibration of the baseband. Readers who saw the original forum discussions say that the issue is believed to occur when switching frequencies; because the lag is allegedly not calibrated correctly, it results in the device reporting “no service” rather than switching to the frequency with the best signal to noise ratio.

Hopefully, it will also fix the poorly calibrated proximity sensor.
    Last edited by DJM AutoWerkz; 06-26-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Really!!! Who would of though that

Hopefully they fix this ish ASAP!!
    Last edited by mbeezy81; 06-26-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes but I bet some other problems will develop with ios4.01

Thanks

Interesting stuff...but on all freq that the phone uses the receiver would have a minimum spec it is set to, for example of less than 0.5 uV at 10db sinad I dont know the actual specs of the receiver anything above that would be rejected and repaired but even when the receiver is running well in spec anything in close proximity to the antenna would result in attenuation and reduction in signal strength received if like said the antenna can be shorted out by the hand to another part of the phone then this will increase the physical length of the antenna and will result in a mismatch and signal degradation will most definitely occur resulting in a drop in the carrier signal display
    it has been said that a case or a bumper will cure this problem..
    I dont know about cure it ...it will certainly help it..
    Last edited by g0sbv; 06-26-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Good. They need to. I get better signal on my 3GS then my iPhone 4.

Well where I live in the high desert I get the reception issue. Right now I'm in las Vegas and i tried to get my
    Phone to lose bars and it won't full 5 bars and 3G so I'm wondering if u only lose signal where reception isn't that strong in the first place.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    Well where I live in the high desert I get the reception issue. Right now I'm in las Vegas and i tried to get my
    Phone to lose bars and it won't full 5 bars and 3G so I'm wondering if u only lose signal where reception isn't that strong in the first place.

Definitely the case with me. I've tried in multiple locations and at my residence, the bars will go down to where only 2 are left and then all of a sudden they all come back even with the death grip. Definitely suggests software could maybe help the cause.

I hope so when talking to apple on the phone it kept losing reception what a pita!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this is a hadware problem not software, I think the only way to fix it is isolating the frame with something in this case the f...ing bumper.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App