+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore 3GS 3.1.3 ipsw error 3194

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Im trying to restore my iphone 3GS to ipsw 3.1.3 and error 3194 comes up on itunes and prevents me rom continuing. A Friend told me to use an older
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restore 3GS 3.1.3 ipsw error 3194
    Im trying to restore my iphone 3GS to ipsw 3.1.3 and error 3194 comes up on itunes and prevents me rom continuing. A Friend told me to use an older itunes in order to let me continue. Does anybody has any other suggestions while Im trying to do so? Also I already know iREB does not work with 3GS 3.1.3.
    Thanks in advance and yes I have used the search button je

I have already downgraded my itunes 9.2 to 8.2.1.6 nad while trying to do the restor of iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw the following message surges over and over everytime I keep on trying, "the iPhone could not be restored this device isnt eligible for the requested build". What could I be doing wrong?
    Last edited by juan_carlos__007; 06-26-2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

same here would like to know the answer too

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

3.1.3 isn't being signed by Apple anymore, so that's why you can't restore to it. Only the newest version is being signed.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Holy crap so now my only option is updating to OS 4? But It suck I have the new bootrom and my only option was spirit and now my iphone is stuck in rebooting...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juan_carlos__007 View Post
    Holy crap so now my only option is updating to OS 4? But It suck I have the new bootrom and my only option was spirit and now my iphone is stuck in rebooting...
    Hold both power and home button until the screen flashes, then let go of both buttons immediately. Wait a sec and then turn on normally.

Green Apple
    Thanks

All you have to do is this...

Download 3.1.2.ipsw (not customized so the official firmware and that firmware still works.)

You can use itunes 9.2 there's nothing wrong with it.

Then you're going to have to put your device into DFU mode... hold power button and shut down iphone, once you see the screen go from a grayish black to complete black (from shutting down to shut down) quickly hold the power and home button. Now wait 10 seconds (note: the apple logo shouldn't show up, if it does you're not doing it right and will end up in recovery mode most likely...) Then release the power button and keep holding the home button until you hear a ding from your itunes and then a message will popup saying you are in recovery mode (you are actually in dfu mode though...) now go to restore in itunes and hold shift then click restore, now a box will pop-up, search for your 3.1.2 firmware and click on it... Now your itunes will say that it's preparing your iphone for a recovery... now just wait a minute or so and now you'll notice it just stays on the preparing iphone for recovering thing... what you have to do is hold down power and home... now you'll have a white screen, now release the two buttons and re-hold them down. Now you're device will go black and an apple logo will pop-up. Then a progress bar on your iphone will pop-up and it will start restoring to 3.1.2. Once it's done you'll get an error code of (1000 something) so then you need to download BlackRa1n in order to get past this error code... That's all you're now on 3.1.2 firmware and jailbroken regardless of what your baseband was. Any questions reply back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

" Then you're going to have to put your device into DFU mode... hold power button and shut down iphone, once you see the screen go from a grayish black to complete black (from shutting down to shut down) quickly hold the power and home button. Now wait 10 seconds (note: the apple logo shouldn't show up, if it does you're not doing it right and will end up in recovery mode most likely...) Then release the power button and keep holding the home button until you hear a ding from your itunes and then a message will popup saying you are in recovery mode (you are actually in dfu mode though...) now go to restore in itunes and hold shift then click restore, now a box will pop-up, search for your 3.1.2 firmware and click on it... Now your itunes will say that it's preparing your iphone for a recovery... now just wait a minute or so and now you'll notice it just stays on the preparing iphone for recovering thing... what you have to do is hold down power and home... now you'll have a white screen, now release the two buttons and re-hold them down. Now you're device will go black and an apple logo will pop-up. Then a progress bar on your iphone will pop-up and it will start restoring to 3.1.2. Once it's done you'll get an error code of (1000 something) so then you need to download BlackRa1n in order to get past this error code... That's all you're now on 3.1.2 firmware and jailbroken regardless of what your baseband was. Any questions reply back. "

i'm doing your step exactly boss and it's not working...having the same problems as these people...I tried to use blacksn0w on the 3.1.3 after I used spirit to jailbreak and im in recovery mode purgatory....I DFU the phone and everything and do your steps and no white screen ever comes up...I have both firmwares 3.1.3 and 3.1.2...I got desperate as well and tried to restore to OS 4 and i can't either man..someone please help.. :-(

I also tried to use QuickPwn and it doesn't work on my machine as well keeps crashing...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedw0lf4 View Post
    i'm doing your step exactly boss and it's not working...
    As I said in my previous post, the reason you can't downgrade is because those firmware version aren't being signed by Apple anymore.

Either the guy before has a 3G, which doesn't have firmware signing at all, or he forgot to say that he has previously stored his SHSH files and that he's using those to downgrade.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope. I have a 3gs and a couple days ago I upgraded to official 4.0 and thought I was screwed cause I didnt have the shh blobs or any jailbreak... So I searched google n YouTube and in some random comment box I found the answer to all my problems. Tomorrow I will make a video and post it on YouTube because tomorrow I'm getting an atnt sim card so I'd rather restore it tomorrow. C ya soon.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbdsonicx2 View Post
    Nope. I have a 3gs and a couple days ago I upgraded to official 4.0 and thought I was screwed cause I didnt have the shh blobs or any jailbreak... So I searched google n YouTube and in some random comment box I found the answer to all my problems. Tomorrow I will make a video and post it on YouTube because tomorrow I'm getting an atnt sim card so I'd rather restore it tomorrow. C ya soon.
    You edited your hosts file to redirect iTunes to Saurik's server. This means that you're using your stored 3.1.2 SHSH to downgrade to that version.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hhhmm...so I mean is there ne way I can kick out of recovery mode loop that this phone goes in so I can at least try to see if Irecovery would work for me to get the fone to boot normally....it's that or I would like to do a fresh 3.1.3 restore but like the dude said 3.1.3 is not being signed..and like I sed before I try to restore to iOS4 and it I get the device not eligible error....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh right thanks for reminding me about the host file but that's on your computer not ssh. Also yea I know the loop you are talking about you need to restore and if it says you can't restore then I'm not sure what to tell you. Try downloading iTunes 9.2 and try restoring and upgrading.

You can also contact apple via phone or email I'm sure they'd assist you in fixing the problem if worse comes to worse

You can also contact apple via phone or email I'm sure they'd assist you in fixing the problem if worse comes to worse
    Last edited by tbdsonicx2; 06-28-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you have any idea why quickpwn won't work on my machine??? i used b4 trying to fix my problem on my brothers computer running windows 7 and it did not work.. ( ran as administrator, checked compatibility, etc etc ) now, im back on my XP PRO SP2 machine and it just crashes...i have .net framework 2.0 installed and nothing...i had all 3 .net framworks before and i uninstalled 3.5 and 3.0 to see if maybe it would work just with 2.0...and still same error...supposedly its one of the last tools available that lets you Kick out of Recovery Mode.....FML...;-(

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If by now you're just wanting to get out of recovery mode and boot your phone, use the newest version of the firmware umbrella. You can find that here: The Firmware Umbrella

Green Apple
    Thanks

YouTube - How to Downgrade iPhone 3Gs/3G/2G and iPod Touch 2G/3G (Any Baseband)

Video I made for downgrading. Sorry if I couldn't help you with infinite loop I tried.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Video I made for downgrading. Sorry if I couldn't help you with infinite loop I tried.
    I'm not sure if you know, but editing the hosts file means you're using your own personal SHSH stored on Saurik's server. The IP you put in the hosts file is actually that server's address.

That's why I said that your first post doesn't work. You can only do that if you've clicked the 'Make my life easier' button in Cydia while firmware 3.1.2 (or lower) was still being signed by Apple. Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 around February 3rd, meaning that if you didn't click it by then, you will never be able to restore to 3.1.2 again and any phone bought after February 3rd wouldn't even have had the chance to store them at all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I didn't watch the whole video because the first minute or so was bad enough.. why did you squish the screen down so small for the video capture? Also I've never heard of anyone changing a file extension to edit a file and then changing it back, that kinda made me chuckle. Why not just open Notepad and browse to the file?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Restore 3GS 3.1.3 ipsw error 3194-hosts.jpg  
    Last edited by ct0wn; 06-28-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ct0wn View Post
    I didn't watch the whole video because the first minute or so was bad enough.. why did you squish the screen down so small for the video capture? Also I've never heard of anyone changing a file extension to edit a file and then changing it back, that kinda made me chuckle. Why not just open Notepad and browse to the file?
    The screen was my mistake I'm not used to hypercam. You can use full screen also and there's a written tutorial so there wasn't a real need to watch the video anyway...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You didn't really need to make a tutorial. There's a sticky in the downgrading section of this forum explaining all about it.

Check it out yourself: From the fingers of Jay Freeman (saurik)...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Yahnbaron (09-13-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You didn't really need to make a tutorial. There's a sticky in the downgrading section of this forum explaining all about it.

Check it out yourself: From the fingers of Jay Freeman (saurik)...
    I wouldn't have really, but I had nothing to do and I was really bored so i figured wth.